All reviews rooms are small but clean stayed here for one night central location euros avenue
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Staff were very friendly throughout the two nights we stayed. Location is fantastic for all the vineyards and easy to park. There’s an expensive car park in front of the hotel or free parking (can be found near Charles Mignon vineyard). Room is dated and shower is smaller than in most caravans and there’s a funny smell. Cannot emphasise how small the shower is plus the shower head fell on top of me and my partner every single time we used it. The room is small but fine for a short stay in epernay and if you’re out all day it’s not so bad

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stayed here for one night , and chose this hotel as being within walking distance to the Restaurant we wanted to go to . We found the room to be quite adequate , with a clean fresh appearance , a comfortable bed , even though it was small ( which we were aware of when booking ) The bathroom was “cosy” ! Don’t expect a smart power shower but it was fine for a quick freshen up and plenty of towels provided. The restaurant looked very inviting as did the the menus , and if we were staying a second night we would have happily eaten there .Breakfast was available for 8 euros a head , not a huge selection, plentiful croissants and fresh bread , preserves , yoghurt and cereals .
Parts of the hotel could do with a make over, but if you are looking for value for money ,this hotel with a real French atmosphere will do you fine ,we would happily stay there again

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

This hotel is exactly what you would expect for the price point. Everything works fairly well (although the wifi is a little slow), the staff are reasonable and the comfort level is adequate. If you are expecting a 5-star luxurious experience, don't book here. However, if you are looking for a cost effective hotel in a very central location then I would recommend this hotel. We were also travelling with dogs which made this hotel a great choice for us as they were very accommodating in that respect. One of the staff also helped me out massively by making a phone call on my behalf. All in all we would stay again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

When we travel we usually aim for cheap accomodation close to tge city centre which allows easy exploring. This hotel is well located, although we knew that beforehand. Everything else about tge hotel we thought was disappointing. We don't mind things a bit shabby, but this went well beyond that. The door handle was broken both on the outside & the inside and was frequently difficult to close (I wondered that if this v old shabby hotel caught on fire would I be able to get out of the room!). The shower rose vertical "slide" was broken and held together with a black rubber type of band. The bed was ok to sleep on but they only gave the room one long pillow which was not a pillow but a long cylinder the width of the bed for us to "share" which was both v v strange and v v uncomfortable. No other pillows were forthcoming.
Getting up the four flights of stairs to the room seemed like a fairground ride given the v large inward slope of some of the stair levels. We wanted to have a coffee in bed in the morning and as there were no facilities in the room for tea or coffee we asked the two waitstaff, who were v pleasant, and they allowed us to take a cup of coffee to the room (we carried them up the tricky stairs ourselves & the bad black coffee was a few euro per cup).
The rooms are advertised as having wifi but after we arrived it didn't work in our room on any of 2xphones or 2xtablets which is a big nuisance these days when wifi is advertised. When we went downstairs to ask if it could be fixed the owner said he could do nothing and the owner's wife said she had wifi in her room and wouldn't even listen when I tried to suggest maybe turning the unit off & back on again. She seemed to be saying "not my problem - go away" or something similar which I found inappropriate, incredibly frustrating and rude. The approach from both owners throughout our 4 day stay seemed to be one of total indifference. Eventually one of the waitresses took on board my suggestion to reboot the system and that worked for 1 day before it crashed again and the owners wouldn't reboot the system again.

As I said at the start we're experienced at staying in cheap accommodation and we found the experience the worst we have experienced from both an outright & a value perspective (this includes comparisons to our stays in developing countries). I believe it wouldn't take much to run an old shabby hotel that was cheap yet still decent but it seemed to me that the owners don't care.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in! Room 207 has half of the lights and light switches not working, a broken sink plug, the waste water pipe leaked when we tried emptying the sink, and a broken toilet seat that kept sliding off the rim of the toilet bowl. These were mentioned to the receptionist on duty on the evening that we arrived.

Save the money and sleep on a park bench instead.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends