“Wheelchair Accessible rooms not fit for purpose.”
Review of Mercure Tours Nord

Mercure Tours Nord
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Tours
Reviewed 7 October 2017

While in many ways this is an excellent hotel, I was very disappointed with the wheelchair accessible room. The bed was not only very hard (this is subjective) but it was far too low for a wheelchair user, making it extremely difficult to get out of bed and into the wheelchair. When I asked reception if they could help either by raising the bed or putting an extra mattress on top I was met by blank hostility. I was told this was the Accor bed, and that was that. What a difference the next night in Premier Inn UK where reception couldn't have been more helpful and raised the bed in ten minutes by using elephants feet. I also found that the shower stool was unstable and the seat wobbled on the legs making it (in my opinion) dangerous to sit on. When trying to stand under the shower there were no side rails to hold onto, only one horizontal rail under the shower controls. The shower tiles when wet were extremely slippery and in my opinion dangerous. When checking out, reception were upset when I said we would not be returning. However, when I explained that the room was not suitable for disabled people the "shutters" came down and I was told that this was the Accor supply, and that therefore it must be without fault. There was no suggestion of making a note of my problems for passing back to Accor for their consideration. My impression was that reception did not care about their guests, and had no intention of recording complaints or comments.

Room Tip: As a disabled person, I would not stay at this hotel again.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
PCordier-Directeur, Gérant at Mercure Tours Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We are very sensible and so sorry concerning your saty in our hotel in diseable room.
Our colleague in reception desk care about their guest because they told me about your situation. But Unfortunatlyy we don't have anything for raising the bed or putting an extra mattress on top. Above all our3 diseable rooms wera checked 2 times, first by security company, and witout this agreement the hotel can't open and receive some guest, it xwas in 2012, and in year 2013, a diseable person (TOURISM AND DISEABLE) came to check all the furnitures in the room, the bed, the shower....
Be sure that all the necesarry was made. But I can understand your desagreement, and I will check with Accor if they can give us more details for this type of bed.

I aplogize.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The staff was helpful and the room was great - we had a good one-night sleep after a long day of driving. The room was quiet despite the closeness of the hotel to the airport. The room was also well lit and well supplied with electrical outlets, The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
PCordier-Directeur, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Madame, Sir,

Best regards

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Pleasantly supplied at the standard of the hotel. In an industrial estate just off the motorway system heading south. Great for an overnight stop and the food in the restaurant was good and the staff very accommodating. The a la cartel was on the expensive side but the menu very good value. Quality of the food was good and the room comfortable. If I end up passing this way again, would definitely overnight.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Tours Nord.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We requested two tea bags to make tea in our room. The Hotel only supplied fruit tea bags. We were charged 7.40 euros. We complained on checkout, but were told if we didn`t like it we should write to Accor Hotels I have written and complained but we have not received a reply.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Mikepicklelodge
PCordier-Directeur, Responsable réception at Mercure Tours Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Tours Nord. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

We offer different tea or coffee in rooms like infusion with regliss and fruits berries and tea : "Thé du Hammam" with fruits berries and "Thé des Lords" : Earl grey.
In fact we don't have the choice to offer other tea like "English breakfast".

I proposed you to write to Accor and we are sorry that's nobody from Accor replied you.

Best regards

Sandra COURCELLE
Front desk manager

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Conveniently located close to the motorway. Good clean rooms, comfortable bed and quite. Breakfast was a little disappointing have had more choice in other Mercure hotels. Hotel does offer a quick checkout service where you can just drop the key at reception on leaving.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
PCordier-Directeur, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Guest,

About breakfast, we propose all products in reference by Accor and regional products.
Maybe that's about this regional products who change?