Mercure Tours Nord
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Chantepie(Joue-les-Tours)
US$88
US$86
US$103
US$100
  • Restaurant
Ibis Budget Tours Nord(Tours)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$55
Kyriad Tours Centre(Tours)(Great Value!)
US$101
Travelocity
US$226
US$145
  • Restaurant
All reviewsone nightprivilege roombreakfast buffet was very goodchina cupsrestaurant food was excellentminute driveswimming poolnespresso coffee machinean excellent hotelindustrial zoneloire valleynice roomseparate toiletfamily roomeasy accessbase for touringovernight stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2017

The staff were very attentive and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The choice of food was very good for both the evening meal and breakfast and the quality excellent and not expensive. Dogs accepted in the restaurant. As a stopover it is ideal. Plenty of free parking and well situated to the motorway for going north or south.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SantaFe32
PCordier-Directeur, Gérant at Mercure Tours Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Guest,

It's very pleasant to receive your good view about our hotel. All the team thank you.
We hope to see you again if you will travel in Touraine Loire Valley.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

On my regular travel from Charente to Netherlands and vica versa I stay over in this hotel. Very modern styled rooms. Excellent bed and a great bathroom with bath. This time the daily menu was a surprise for me. An excellent ravioli starter and the main coarse was steamed cod. The white bourgogne wine was perfect. Nice friendly staff. Compliments. See you next time.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PCordier-Directeur, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Hello. Let me to thank you for having taken of your time to write a pleasant comment concerning our establishment. Our restaurant enjoyed a good reputation and we get along well to keep it. Encouragements as yours motivate us every day to progress. We have forwarded your comment to the CHEF, he thank you warmly.We remain entirely at your disposal to welcome you again during your next stay. Yours sincerely

Reviewed 19 December 2016

The hotel is very comfortable and conveniently located if you are travelling through on the motorway. It is some distance from the town centre so not ideal if you are planning a visit to Tours itself. I was returning to the UK and used it as a stop of point which was ideal. They are dog friendly and the room and bed were very comfortable. Room service was quick and efficient - just bad services from the reception desk when I first arrived. They also have some Gluten Free products but unfortunately no GF bread which made breakfast difficult.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights and were impressed by the service at the front desk.... English/ French speaking. Extra helpful. Free parking. Fluffy robes/slippers... double glazing because it is close to station. Noise not a problem. Well done Mercure!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julieanddavid16
Reviewed 9 October 2016

I was in car park leaving this hotel when I woman ran up to me, and said I had not paid. I told her I had checked in online, and received the bill by email that morning.She said that she would check.I followed her back to reception, where she said it was alright and that I had paid.Her explanation was they did not know I had done this, I did not understand, why not? I seemed to get all sorts of excuses, and when I asked to see the Manager, she said she was!
I feel I was treated like a criminal, there was no apology offered, she just wanted to argue with me about the situation.
Also I got charged for breakfast, which is free to Seniors at Mercure Hotels. The Manager eventually agreed to give me back the money,but only after I threatened to get the Bank to ask for the money back. This I was given in cash.
I find this extremely poor customer relations. I have stayed here before and previously have had a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you have a pet with you
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank janetthegardener
PCordier-Directeur, Accomodation Manager at Mercure Tours Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Madam Holder,

You write such your feedback of your last stay in our hotel, as you know, we can answer and give our feedback about the situation.
First of all, I want to precise that I am the Manager you saw at your departure, so it was not a lie.
As you say, I recognized, I made a technical mistake at your departure, but at anytime, I treat you like a criminal! When I went to the car park and you answered me that you chose the fast check out (that is signify that you have already paid all your stay), I told you immediatly, that I'm sorry about that. But when I go back to the reception desk, you follow me to explain that we had to refund you the amount of the breakfast because you have the Senior Rate. As I tried to explain to you : When you booked and chose the fast check out with a prepayment with not the senior rate, you received in the morning the bill by mail to check if you are agree with it, and if you don't came to the reception desk to noted that you're not agree, the amount will be debit. You didn't came to the reception desk, you were on the car park! So what's about the breakfast if I never came to see you? And to be very precise, when you went in our hotel one time in 2014, 2 times in 2015 and this stay in 2016, you never booked with Senior Rate, you only specify it at the departure!
I never refused to give you back your money, I just wanted to explain the situation and if you will stay in another hotel with this system of fast check out, the problem will be same for the breakfast, above all if you don't look at your mail.
About the bank, what will happen if you call them? and you didn't threatened to call the bank but to write in Trip Advisor and you add that I've just to shut up because you were the guest! What about the feeling to be treat like a criminal, we can have the same feeling, because I never said that I can't give money back. Finally, I gave the money by cash because it was 15.90€.
I am sorry that this misunderstanding will take this way. But as you can see in you bill, I cancel the supplement for you dog.
Finally, it appear that we don't have the same point of view. It is unpleasant both as a guest and as a professional to live this situation.

Best Regards