See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Upon arriving at this hotel I was yelled at by the manager who couldn't believe that my booking (made through Booking.com) included breakfast at the price. I showed him my confirmation which was in fact for 'Half Board' so it should have also included dinner!

He yelled at me repeatedly and threatened not to give me the room. Eventually he forced me to ring Booking.com customer service who of course very quickly confirmed that I was in fact correct. He sheepishly showed me to my room but was still unfriendly.

I was not provided with dinner, however I was reluctantly provided with breakfast. I honestly didn't really care about the breakfast - it is easy to pick up some bread and juice for a couple of Euros - but the was he treated me was completely unacceptable. I have never been yelled at like that before and hope never to experience it again.

How a person like that can run a hotel is simply unfathomable and I am would strongly encourage anyone looking for a hotel in Blois to look elsewhere, even if it is more expensive.

Stay away. Don't book here. Terrible, terrible experience.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank John S
Reviewed 2 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 August 2013

It was supposed to be an easy and comfortable night on a layover in a sleepy town which has much going for it. Even by French standards (which, being part-French I readily admit are dismally low), this hotel is terrible. All we wanted was coolness, quiet and a clean bed but we got none of those. The room we had faced a house opposite, whose inhabitants we could see watching TV (so much for privacy!), the air was still as a fan seemed a foreign concept and I wasn't terribly impressed with the rest of the room which smelt rank.

Furthermore upon paying, they came up with more trouble. As my father had booked the hotel with his credit card, they refused to pay through his card claiming there was too much paperwork. Honestly, the Ibis is just opposite this hotel and if you have survived the labyrinth of one-way streets that make up Blois' city centre, you're better off in a good, old standardised hotel rather than this one.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 221. Just don't!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Wouldn't stay here again the manager wasn't very helpful when we found a cigarette in one of the beds. He claimed it was one of ours but we don't smoke.
The Restaurant was non-existent. It also had a greasy smell as though it hadn't been cleaned.
The manager had restricted hours during the afternoon so after a morning of walking around we couldn't enter the apartment due to the door being locked.

Managers service very low.
very quiet area, beds good for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Easy to find once we found the correct road. We walked from the train and had lunch in the park on the way to the hotel. Hotel is across the street from St. Vincent Church, very nice inside. Would have liked to hear the organs play. The Mansion is just up the hill and is quite impressive from the outside. It wook only a couple of hours to walk most of the town and to see the churches and sights. The Hotel had small spiral staircase which was a little difficult to do. Maybe easier if the front desk helped a little. The room had an inside exit onto the fire escape with a skylight where we had appa's and wine. The $6.00 Euro for croissants was ok for breakfast but found this to be the standard in the latter hotels we stayed at.

Room Tip: Keep away from the tiny stairs if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple