“Prima hotel ”

Holiday Inn Dijon Toison d'Or
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Dijon
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Neat hotel, good adequate service. Perfect location, near highway, Next to Subway which bring you easely to city-center. Also Next to very big shoppingmall with the largest primark and Carrefour ever!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed here for a night on the way to Italy. It was great to be able to jump in the pool after several hours driving and relax for a couple of hours. The room was very modern and comfortable and had everything we wanted. We ate in the restaurant and to food was ok but breakfast was excellent. The staff were very helpful and attentive. Overall a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Although it was my mistake and I realized what I had done a nano second after Id booked the room and put the wrong Monday and Tuesday dates into the Hotel.com search engine, having rang Hotels.com straight away they contacted the Dijon Hotel to amend the booking.

Well with it being a mistake made two minutes earlier you would have thought that they would show some mercy but NO, as it was a non-refundable booking I have now lost the money I paid and they get a nice clean room on the night I would be staying.

So a lesson to me, dont be an idiot and get your days wrong and/or a lesson on the Hotels.com website be careful as it defaulted to a date I didnt put in and lastly dont think that Holiday Inn will show any mercy if you make a genuine error.

Following this I will now re-book my room and I will make sure its the right days and also know that I WONT EVER AGAIN book a room with the Holiday Inn chain.

Their loss as luckily having used a night I had earned on Hotels.com the mistake in real money only cost me about £20.

But as I had yet to book my return trip which would have been at the same hotel for two nights they have lost over £300 of my money...this i will now spend with someone who deserves it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dijon Toison d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hello NH1964,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Dijon, France. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel looks inviting from afar and the everything on ground floor level is well presented. Then, when it really counts, the room is poor. My bed had hairs on the pillow, the bath didn't drain properly after a shower, not enough decent tea/coffee facilities and the A/C didn't work. I've stayed in many Holiday Inn owned hotels and this was close to being the worst. It's an ideal rest stop for holidaymakers travelling south but my advice is to keep going until you find somewhere else to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dijon Toison d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Hello Dan5515,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Dijon France. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory because of issues with the rooms upkeep, drain in the bathroom and A/C not working. I am sorry for the letdown.

IHG values your experience with our hotels as a member of the IHG Rewards Club. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Warm Regards

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Driving across France from Luxembourg to Spain we stayed for the night in Dijon. We do this trip often and we like to stop in the early afternoon and take the time to visit a different city each time. The hotel is not situated downtown but as part of a shopping center but the tram is right at the door and will take you downtown in 15 minutes. Excellent and frequent communication. We went for a stroll in the town and we followed the "hibou" or owl trail to admire the city monuments.
The hotel and the rooms are clean, modern and bright. Front desk staff was very welcoming.
I am an ihg member and we were upgraded to a suite. It was a very good room, spacious and quiet. We also had a lot of good entertainment with the bathtub and the underwater lights that changed colour (even it caused us to delay our morning departure).
I will certainly stop another time

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple