Comfort Hotel Dinard Balmoral(Dinard)(Great Value!)
US$127
Le Crystal(Dinard)
US$188
US$119
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$101
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$144
US$180
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
1,329 results
All reviewsoysterssea watersliding doorocean viewst malolocal townspa experiencespa facilitiesaccor hotelsdirect access to the beachswimming capsbreakfast buffet iscatching the ferrybar and restaurantfabulous viewsno air conwonderful location
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I spotted this hotel on a flight out of Dinard and vowed to stay there. It became one of my favourites - delightfully situated and a bit quirky. So it was an obvious choice for a recent visit. But by and large it was a disappointment. It has been "upgraded" and looks very chique. The views are still superb, but that is one of the few good things I wish to say about it.

We had a seaview room - they are compact. The fittings are plasticy and uncomfortable. The walls bare apart from a TV. The washing/showering is tight and the shower head mounted about eye level.. It was a triumph of style over substance par excellence. The bar, which enjoys panoramic coastal views now has a dartboard. It was a haven of calm and relaxation - last night it was cacophonous. And it isn't cheap and down market.

Well done Novotel - you have spoiled a charming hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
h1114-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Thalassa Dinard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

thank you for your comments, and sorry for the noise you had suffered during your stay.
Our room are the same for a long time, may be you had one you where not used to stay

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed the night before our morning St Malo ferry home.
The views from room, bar and restaurant were phenomenal! There were facilities galore, treatments and a games rooms ,kitted out in honour of the magnificent Wales team who stayed during Euro 2016.
Our sea view room was too small for three, even though it was the biggest available. Not recommended for a couple and small child. Bathroom wise the toiletries were good and the shower was probably the best I have ever come across
Dinner promised much but delivered average, however the breakfast was incredible, oysters to a full English (French style admittedly) accompanied by a soothing live set from a Thai 'xylophone?'
Staff were helpful and friendly.
I'd love to try the treatments next time and may use as my stop off for future Brittany trips
Thanks for looking us and the Wales team

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

thank you for your kind comments.
we were proud to receive walles during euro 2016

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We regularly stay in Novotels and this was the best one we have stayed in. The location on the coast was excellent and we found Dinard to be a pleasant little town. The Hotel was very relaxing and I enjoyed having my breakfast out on the terrace in the sunshine overlooking St Malo bay. The room we had was also very nice and equipped with it's own little kitchen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
h1114-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Thalassa Dinard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I have the Gold status with AccorHotels and so spend at least 30 nights in hotels of this chain round the world per year. First shock was - no airconditioning in the Residence of Novotel Dinard
The room is dark due to a narrow window. Unnecessary huge bed-armchair took 30% on the floorspace - why to put them in every room? We had 2 tall metal and plastic barchairs in the room - one we used as a bedside table which we lack in the room. Strange furniture....Kitchenette is a fridge, microwave and a sink
The main shock is NO ENGLISH MENUE in the restaurant at this international brand hotel! Waiters do not speak English...Of course it gives you the chance to go out to eat but de-values the hotel. And to go out...the hotel is 3 km from Dinard centre.
On the first day I asked for the second chair for the balcony as for two of us only one chair was provided. I was clearly said "NO" and for 5 night we spent there at Dinard the hotel did not find the opportunity to give us the second plastic chair....3 teabags were provided for 2 of us - 1 green, one bio and one black: no chance for a couple both to have black tea....At the arrival I found just 1 body lotion in the bathroom - and for 5 nights we were provided 2 shampoos in addition to that body lotion...
At breakfast at the entrance to the restaurant they gave us pieces of paper where it was written what coffee we were for and this piece of paper is to be placed at your table - 2 times of 5 breakfasts coffee was brought after half an hour of chasing. Once it was just cold.
At 8:40 - 8:50 a roommaid knocks the door asking when she could make the room. Every time we said In an hour. And twice returning back to the room at 2PM we found the room was not made.
At the departure I was asked how I liked my stay with Novotel Dinard. I said "Kind of" and the manager lifted the eyebrows and made the jesture by his hand - probably meaning to continue, to explain... I am at least 15 years him older and as the manager of the international brand hotel he is to know some jestures are not quite accepted in different cultures and it is better to avoid jestures in business environments. I explained why I feel Novotel Dinard did not provide good service. Did I get any apologies? No. I have got "Here is your reciept. Good bye".

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank P5431ZNirinas
h1114-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Thalassa Dinard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

they will be share with our staff to improve our service

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Absolutely fantastic hotel with excellent service, amazing sea views and first rate facilities. Julien & Fabienne on reception were particularly helpful and Pierre once again the perfect host at breakfast. The rooms have been done up with good walk-in showers and a understated new decor. The only slight niggle - sliding doors on the wardrobe would have been better for access in the rather cramped space by the door to the room.
The steps to the beach have been improved but are still far from easy to negotiate (not the hotel's fault, but best to be aware if mobility is an issue for guests.)
We will be back next May!

Room Tip: Floors 2 & 1 (technically -1 & -2 because they are below reception) have best sea views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
h1114-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Thalassa Dinard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thankk you for your comments
see your next may