“Spot on!”

Ranked #24 of 145 Restaurants in Dinan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Walked in at lunchtime during a visit to Dinan after being turned away from a few other places from either due to being full, or from not liking the look of a family with young children, soaked to the skin due to the deluge at the time. Only choices were Moules Frites with 3 choices of sauce, or the Pierrades. Moules Frites were great, Beef Pierrade was superb, obviously good quality ingredients used, with all the trimmings & sauces excellent. Followed by equally good ice creams & coffee. Run by a group of young lads, service was friendly and attentive even though very busy, kids were given paper & colouring pencils as soon as we sat down, and water & fresh bread was topped up without hesitation. Overall good value for money with a reasonably priced formule d'enfants.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is the second time we have visited this restaurant and we were very much looking forward to it as we had had a wonderful meal previously. Sadly this visit was not quite so good. Staff are very pleasant but this time my moules were small and a bit gritty and my husbands were the same. However the most worrying thing was my daughter's meal. She had ordered turkey which you cook on a very hot stone at the table, great idea. However when the raw turkey was brought out it was on the same plate as the salad and the potatoes and she was supposed to cook it on the stone and return it to the same place that the raw turkey had been on! I am no food hygiene expert but this did not seem like a good idea to me! I immediately asked for a fresh plate and discarded any of the garnishes that would have been close to or touching the raw poultry but this was far from ideal. I had genuine concerns about this practice but apparently this restaurant do not consider it as a problem. For this reason I would be concerned about other food safety practices and I probably would not rush back. Shame as the first time we ate her it was fantastic.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Our last night in Dinan before moving on and I had my heart set on moules frites. My husband was a little nervous about ordering in a restaurant as this is our 1st trip to France and shamefully our french is quite poor.
The staff couldn't have been lovelier and humoured our pitiful attempts at the language no end. Service was attentive and friendly despite the restaurant being full and the huge pot of moules and accompanying frites and bread were divine! Our friend who accompanied us had mussels for the first time ever and is now a fan. Desserts, coffees and wine all of a high quality too.
We will definitely return!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

we went here for dinner on Sunday night
The food was great the guys that work there are really nice as well.
You must try it.
Make sure you sit up the top end of the restaurant as the tables are a bit close together I find.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

On Saturday evening we didn't have a reservation and three other restaurants in Dinan would not seat us. We glad that this happened! The meal was not only great, but also fun! We both had duck, which we fried ourselves on hot stone - pierrades. The wine was well advised!
We would gladly go back, unfortunately this was our last evening in Dinan.