Lowest prices for your stay
US$83
Free cancellation until 28/10/21
Expedia.comUS$83
Hotels.comUS$83
Trip.comUS$95
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2014

I have stayed at this lovely hotel a number of times now,i have just returned to UK after staying at this hotel for 2 nights to visit the fantastic xmas market.All the staff speak good English so never a problem communicating,The manager[Anthony] and his front desk staff are the most helpful and friendliest staff I have met in any hotel I have stayed in.Like I have stated in a previous post the cleanliness of the room is brilliant,i had the same cleaner as last year the Asian lady and she is fantastic,i stayed in room 306 on the 3rd floor and the view is excellent and you hardly hear any noise from the outside.I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of coming to brest great city great hotel,will be back in june.........

Room tip: I would recommend 2nd or 3rd floors for a good view
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lacosteUK
hotelbrest, Réceptionniste at Hotel Abalys, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for all your lovely comments.

We are glad that you stay with us each time you come to Brest.

I will let my colleague know your kind words about the staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming, maybe soon ?

Warm wishes,

Reception
Marie

Reviewed 30 November 2014

We have just returned from a four night stay in Brest for a conference nearby for my husband's work. When I read the reviews on this website for hotel Abalys it sounded too good to be true and I booked a room immediately. My hopes for a peaceful and enjoyable getaway while my husband worked were realized, in large part due to the many fine qualities of this hotel.

We booked through the hotel website and I had very attentive emails from the front desk staff about which rooms to choose and how best to book our SNCF train tickets to get to Brest from Paris.

Arriving at the train station at nearly 11 pm I was also pleasantly surprised to have an easy 5 minute walk to Hotel Abalys, no taxi needed, no worries about getting lost. We were also then directed to a restaurant almost right next door that stays open for full dinners until midnight.

We booked several months in advance and decided to upgrade to a Superior room as the cost was very affordable. Our room was on the 3rd floor, 307 I believe, and was very spacious, bright, and clean, and nicely decorated. It is in a section a little bit off from the main hallways of the hotel, and although it overlooked Avenue Georges Clemenceau, we heard no noise either from the street or the hallway.

After a few mornings of having coffee and pastry out I decided to try the hotel breakfast and would strongly recommend it . It is a bargain at 8,50 Euros: meats, cheeses, crepes, pastries, jams, dried and fresh fruit, yogurt, juices and hot drinks. A real abundance.

On this visit to Brest I walked everywhere except for a day trip to Le Conquet (this trip was recommended by Anthony at the reception, and indeed it is not to be missed on a trip to this region). The hotel is walking distance to many residential neighborhoods, as well as the upscale shopping district on Rue de Siam. In the other direction on Rue Jean Jaures there are also many interesting shops and eateries. Walking distance from the hotel in any direction brings one to places of interest, including the chateau, which now houses a naval musem, several antique stores, and a fine arts museum. A convenient tram and bus system also has stops right near the hotel.

I was worried about my poor French language skills, and I must say everyone at the hotel and on the whole trip was so patient and kind with my attempts to communicate.

To sum up our stay I think it was so enjoyable because of the five reasons mentioned in the title of this review, with perhaps the service from the staff (so personal, kind and helpful) as the best aspect.

Thank you very much for a lovely stay. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. On a future trip we might try renting a car, we heard this can be done very inexpensively at Super-U, although there are several other rental agencies nearby, including Ada next door. Also, I would like to one day go out the the islands one can reach from Le Conquet, Oeussant and Molene.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ksn47
hotelbrest, Réceptionniste at Hotel Abalys, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. You give here a nice review of Brest and the area. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at Abalys hotel and it would be a great pleasure to have you here one more time.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Best wishes to you and your husband.

Reception
Marie

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in Abalys with our two grown up daughters on July 2014.
We have reserved two rooms, but on arriving the owners suggested that we take an apartment instead for the same price. The apartment was very spacious and pleasant. We were only sorry we stayed for only one night.
The hotel lends bicycles for free.
Very nice people, very nice apartment.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank HaifaTraveler33
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I hope not... Because this is what people want. It is small and simple but beautiful and welcoming. Very friendly and helpful staff, perfect location with walking distance to everything in the city. Stay here and explore Brest and Finistere for as long as you can,,, Enjoy!

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Paul N
hotelbrest, Réception at Hotel Abalys, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your stay at the hotel Abalys.
We are pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and that you especially enjoyed the friendliness of our staff and the central location of the hotel in Brest.

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reception,
Marion.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great hotel! Fanny (spelling?) from the reception was very welcoming and nice. She was able to give my sister and I a room upgrade and the room was absolutely amazing! Large bed, large room, large windows and large bathroom! plenty of room, we were very spoiled! great location, walking distance to all restaurants and shops. parking was a bit of a challenge but we managed. I am very satisfied with our stay at this hotel! Thank you!

Date of stay: May 2014