All reviewsnespresso machineoverlooking the beachfive star hoteljunior suitewell trained staffsea water poolsea facing roomclassic hotellimited menudirect accesscorner roomprevious guestsgorgeous placethe air conditioninghotel is fantasticshops and restaurantsup to date
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Arriving from Cascais, near Lisbon, Portugal, was really looking forward to staying at what seemed to be an amazing Building and Hotel. Don't get me wrong. The staff were really friendly, however. Room tiny. Room with City view? No! No City view as promised and the Spa? What? Well, Sauna not working. Steam was warm to cold instead of Hot and satisfying. All the areas around the Pool, Showers, Sauna et al. really, really cold. Gave up and went to the room. But as I said the room was tiny and claustrophobic after all, we are talking about a GRAND HOTEL THALASSO & SPA, right? I requested 2 single beds instead of a massive King size and was clearly told. No Problem sir but would have to pay an extra supplement of €150.00. What? Not cool. With Thalasso & Spa amenities not functioning. Not happy with the double bed. Hit the road 5 am which was a great decision. Better luck next time maybe.

Room Tip: If they offer you a room with a city views its BS, there is no City View. Just a view of couple houses, their parking spaces.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dellingermiguel
Véronique A, Directeur général at Grand Hotel Thalasso & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear dellingermiguel,
Warm greetings from Grand Hotel Thalasso & Spa. Thank you for posting your review online.
I am sorry to read that you did not quite enjoy your stay with us. I can see from your comments that some services did not meet your expectations. I have brought all of your feedback to the attention of my management team so that they can look into these matters to ensure all improvements necessary are actioned.
Regarding your room, you booked a Superior Room, which are located on the side of the city center, the Superior room has an average of 25 square meters, we are sorry that you find it very tiny. However, you arrived at 6pm in our Hotel, requested to have a twin bed. Unfortunately, at this time, we didn’t have any superior room able to be set up on twin bed, all superior room were sold out. Usually, our guest provide this information among the day of their arrival, upon the reservation, in order to avoid this problem during the check in. The only room available at this time with a twin bed was a deluxe room with sea view, The Front Office Manager, offered you to this room for an additional cost of 150 € instead of 300 €, which has been declined from you side.
My apologies once more for the elements of your stay that failed to meet your expectations and thank you once more for your review.
Véronique ALLEGRE-CONCEDIEU

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Fantastic access til the beach and pool. Very nice room but no hand washing faciities at the toalet room.
Very nice dining room with a quick and good service. Very polite staff who were conscious of our needs. Exelent food.
Magnificent location of the hotel in a sympatic town.

Room Tip: Magnificent view of the bay and sea.
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I along with our 4 year old took a weekend trip to the beach and this hotel was perfect for a relaxing and luxurious stay. They were very accommodating and friendly. The restuarant was awesome!!! We ate lunch here twice. It’s right on the beach so we had a beautiful view and great access to the ocean. The spa accommodations were top notch. There was even times that we could go swimming in the inside pool in the spa with our daughter. We plan to stay there again this summer.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Fantastic ! A Grand Old Lady by the sea, but don't be fooled : EVERYTHING is up to date, from the valet parking until check out, one is pampered, spoiled, and basically ruined for other hotels.
Falling asleep at the sound of the softly crashing waves was better than dreaming, and drinking coffee in the morning overlooking the bay......well....need I say more ??

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a terras, the smell from the sea is very relaxing
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love everything about this hotel. This was our second stay and I gave it a 10 last time so my expectations were high, yet the hotel did not disappoint. This time we used the spa and I particularly loved the sounds the "spa" shower emitted, it really did add to the experience.
Another thing that struck me this time, particularly as we had just been in Spain where all the tv is in Spanish, was the wonderful range of programmes available, including free movies and on demand series.
The other thing that really struck me was the lack of trickiness about getting on to the wifi. Usually you are given a little bit of paper with the user name and password on it, or it is written on the card holder they give you and you are forever looking for the bloody thing. At the Grand Hotel, you get no bit of paper etc. you just go to wi fi in your settings and use your email address as the password. Simple, sophisticated and discretely done, which really personifies everything about this gorgeous place.
The staff were again charming, and we were grateful to be given a good sized room

1  Thank Anom333