“Great local food with friendly service”
Review of Le Damier

Le Damier
Ranked #26 of 235 Restaurants in Perigueux
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Here a restaurant "gastronomic" family , kitchen of modern and of yesteryear market with fresh, seasonal ingredients. The restaurant you propose three choices of lunches from 11€50 at 17€50 only the week. Moreover, are presented at the carte : stuffed neck, duck confit, gizzard salad, all this is also accompanied by chips. (Everything is homemade) Do not forget the meat lovers "steak, chips, salad." Service from 11am to 15:30. The restaurant can be privatized from 20 people and without supplements, evenings, weekends and holidays. Welcome to the driver of bus!
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to try authentic French kitchen with almost zero French language knowledge. The host was very patient and friendly and helped us overcome that barrier in several different ways, e.g., assisted in my getting into their wifi on my smart phone.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 7 October 2015

Discovered the name on the internet and what a great pleasure it was corresponding with Carine and her daughter Coralie. The rave reviews our passengers gave about the hospitality and food at Le Damier, will definitely see us returning, let alone the stress free services provided in making and paying for this reservation (also the laughter - yes in making and paying for a reservation!).

Date of visit: May 2015
ledamier24, Propriétaire at Le Damier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2016

Hello Amanda

Forgive my English.
a big thank you For your visit And your confidence

see you again soon

Carine

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Ths was an amazing meal for a tavelling group of 20 people. The menu was pre-set but was interesting, labour intensive, great value and delicious!
We had a walnut and wine aperatif, amuse bouche of cheese biscuits and fennel pesto, the best home cured gravlax with a pot of creme fresh topped beatroot relish and a lemmon with a home made mayonaise. The vegetarian had a special carrot timbal and melon - said to be delicious. Main was filet mignon in a port sauce, the cheese course was a baked bonbon with melted goats cheese and walnuts and desert was a nutty buscuit topped with apple in cinamon and a creamy topping - looked like it could have come from a gourmet magazine (like all the courses).
However. best of all we felt like a member of the family. Decore is unusual (name means chess board) but it was definately one of the best group meals I have ever experienced as it was fresh and seasonal.

Date of visit: May 2015
ledamier, Propriétaire at Le Damier, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear Deryn

I am very happy that you appreciate my cooking and I liked to work for you.
So I would like to again repeat the experience with you, unhesitatingly!
You are welcome in "The Damier"!
Thanks for all these compliments keeping a great memory of your enjoyed and dynamic group

Reviewed 17 May 2015

The welcome into the restaurant was warm and genuine. The food was prepared with attention to flavours and seasonality, and presented well on the plate. The wine was very reasonably priced and lovely with the meal.the large group we were with was served in good time. An enjoyable experience.

1  Thank amanda-newton512

Dear Amanda,

You knew understand the message I wanted to convey in my dishes! and many thanks!
I have very fond memories of your crossing, a Great group, a Great experience!
I also hope you speak around you for a trip to France in the Périgord...
Thanks Amanda ;-)

Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Our very large group (20 odd) had the most exceptional evening! Madame was such a friendly and welcoming personality, however the highlight was meal she had prepared for us to enjoy. And enjoy it we did! Home cooked local cuisine at it's absolute best. Thank you!

1  Thank Matchetti

Hello Matchetti,

I appreciate your message, my cooking, it's my hobby, I like do pleasure at my customers and customers future.
Here you find good cooking, no industrial product, only fresh and seasonal product.
I hope to see you...