“Very odd”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2017

How is this getting good reviews? Service is great and it's a little away from the square so nice and quiet but the food is definitely not great and to be honest a little odd.
Tapenade freebies were nice but then it went downhill. I ordered a vegetable salad - what I got was a plate of mashed potato, hot quinoa, hot cauliflower, cold ratatouille, slice of melon, lettuce and a green ice cream (avocado or asparagus? Who can tell as had no taste). I don't call that a salad and in fact the fish dish my husband had had the same accompaniments minus the melon and ice cream. We also had 2 chicken burgers which were meant to be breaded but were not and were pretty tasteless. Add to this a dirty towel in the toilet for everybody to dry their hands on (and I presume staff and chef too!) makes me wonder what it's doing near the top of restaurants in Perigueux.

1  Thank JCMJ

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We were there for dinner during our stay in the region. This is a small restaurant with tables along the sidewalk. The service was friendly. The food average. For the price we paid, it met our expectations.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

This is a smaller mid priced restaurant is in a quiet side street in the older part of Central Perigueux. The menu is not that long but has a good mixture of dishes to suit different tastes and the meal size is quite filling ( unlike the more expensive place we went to the following night !) It was a warm evening for March so we were able to sit outside, although the seats and table did not feel that solid.
One younger family member had a burger in a black bun ( you could also have duckburger) another had a pasta dish ( also rissotto available ) and I had a Steak Tartare . So you can see you can choose from a mixture of traditional French food and other alternatives. Very nice bottle of Bergerac Wine + water. Cost about €20/€25 each with no starters or desserts.
Good service , looked like it was family owned and run.
Just a relaxed normal unpretentious meal of good quality and not too expensive . Served with a smile and without too much delay.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

This was one of the most delicious dinners my partner and I had had in a long time. The grilled goat cheese salad for stater and the tartare (we chose the already prepared one) as a main dish stood out in particular. We were also enchanted with tasting pecharmant for the first time, which the waitress recommended when we asked for a regional type of wine. Any praise I could come up with would probably fall short to describe the taste of the great food and wine so I'll only stay this restaurant is a must on anyone's trip through lovely Perigueux.

1  Thank Laura_lescu
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

An intriguing formula for a set lunch whereby you choose ingredients to make up your 'plate'. I had a cold soup, home smoked salmon and a fish skewer all with chips and salad. The profiteroles were good (but not earth-shattering) and the service charming. Would be happy to go back.

2  Thank michaeltD7673FH