“Deliciously vegetarian”

Price range: US$12 - US$23
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2015

Living in France as vegetarians is not a good combination, usually restaurants only offer an omelette, therefore we do not often eat out. This was a wonderful surprise to have a choice of what tasted like home-cooked food. The choice on the menu is thoughtfully devised, and it made such a difference to eat not only healthily but to have a place to go for a special treat. The proprietor was welcoming and had an easy manner....we will definitely go there again.

1  Thank Liz S

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

The best vegetarian and vegan restaurant ever! The products are from just right there, all organic. It's perfect!!

Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

Healthy, friendly, birdy... do you have a better restaurant in perigueux???? I don't know a lot of food restaurant where you can eat local and organic food for such a low price. If you go to perigueux, you must go in Izba!

Reviewed 2 April 2015

We visited this restaurant during our visit to Perigueux. We had seen it in pur Michelin guide and we wanted to have a break from all the foie, confit, etc that swamps all the other restaurants' menus. They have 2/3 entrees, a couple of very complete and tasty plats and 3 desserts we did not taste because we were already too full. The hosts were great, nice and spoke several languages. A place to go even if you are not vegetarian!

1  Thank oscarjosefina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After getting into eating organic and vegetarian again I tried to find places in the surrounding area where I currently live (Dordogne). I was a little disappointed when I didn't see as many options coming up as back in the Netherlands. There were restaurants with vegetarian options but not all vegetarian, except for IZBA in Périgueux! After an hour's drive we were really excited. I had done my research, checked out their website ( http://www.restaurant-izba.com/Accueil.html ) and couldn't wait to see the menu.

I find that most vegetarian restaurant are often more creative in designing their plates than traditional restaurants. That can certainly be said about IZBA. The chef Daria uses Slavic influences in her kitchen and designs a new menu each day. My boyfriend and I both took different dish so we could both taste more of the interesting menu. (we bought the recipe book written by Daria at the end so we can try even more of the recipes at home.

The service was genuinely enthusiastic about the organic and vegetarian concept and personal. We both enjoyed the restaurant very much and will definitively come back.

If you are veggie-curious this is definitely a place to go!

1  Thank Rowena K