“Beautiful setting great food”

Le Clos Saint Front
Reserve with
Le Clos Saint Front is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 234 Restaurants in Perigueux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

What a gem!

This place was recommended by the owners of our Gite and a superb recommendation it was too. The food was wonderful, the courtyard lovely and the service just perfect. Not only were we well cared for so was our dog.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We were extremely disappointed. Been in the region for 2 weeks, visited 6 Michelin restaurants and i can just say that this is the only disappointing one, totally overrated. Cooking: very average rustic bistro cooking that doesn't deserve a Michelin rating at all. Friendly service, comfortable courtyard but as mentioned, average bistro cooking with a high price tag. The pictures on the internet did not correspond to the food on the plate. There are so many better restaurants in Perigueux.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

This restaurant is highly rated, but not by me. Although it's in a beautiful courtyard settting, and the service is friendly, none of the dishes impressed me, especially for the prices they were charging. It kind of put me off trying other so-called fine dining restaurants in this town.

1  Thank Scott197
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We have just eaten here and am writing the review while it is fresh.
Turned up without a reservation however that wasn’t a problem and we were accommodated straight away. We were greeted with friendly people and shown to our table in a beautiful walled courtyard / garden.
I had the foir Gras and my wife had a roulade of veal with salmon caviar. For main we had the lamb and black beef carved at the table.
They even went to the trouble of giving me a piece of the beef as I commented how good it looked and I like rare compared to my wife’s medium.
Desert was also stunning and was a speciality
Millefeuille.
They had an excellent wine list and the Gigondas was decanted in front of us.
The staff were helpful, friendly and very informative of our dinner.
In summary an excellent place to eat In Périgueux.
Would recommend the place total cost with wine, coffee and all in all six courses was 225 Euro including a very nice whiskey and as we are from Scotland went down well.
Thanks for a memorable evening and lucky to see the 1914 bottle of Cognac.

1  Thank Russell P
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We have been here 2/3 times and never been disappointed. Eating in the courtyard in the Summer is just lovely. You are always well looked after. The staff are ver courteous and the food delicious.

Date of visit: June 2018