“Delightful lunch on a delightful summer day in Perigueux”
Review of Hercule Poireau

Hercule Poireau
Ranked #7 of 232 Restaurants in Perigueux
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Beautiful presentation, imaginative and filling three-course lunch, just a couple of minutes walk from Saint Front Cathedral. My hat is tipped to the owner(s) and staff. Thank you. Reasonable prices for the menus and the wines and house aperitif. The best I had on a two week stay in France. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We looked at several good restaurants here but the menus did not apeal accept or this one so we tried it . THe food what wonderful throughout.. THe only thing was that the foie gras could have had a better txture ..it was not the very finest...too soft but still very good and the duck and veal were superb. Every dish and every course was great including fab deserts which were both rich and delicate. The wines, a Bergerac Blanc sec and a Sancerre red were just perfect and I had an eau de vie de viellie Prune which was excellent. It was all great and I highly recommend this house. Lovey service , great place.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

This is a very significant and popular restaurant. We visited it shortly after it opened some years ago. We wanted to return and booked through 'The Fork' and the reservation was duly confirmed. However, several days later 'The Fork' cancelled our reservation claiming it was beyond their control. This was not true. I called the restaurant direct and was told that they had been completely booked out for more than a week. Fortunately I was able to rebook with the restaurant for a different night. The system used by The Fork is inaccurate at best and deceitful at worst. I will no longer use any booking mechanism rather I will deal directly with the establishment. I am also disappointed that TripAdvisor appear to be partners with this agency.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

The service between the door and the table was instant, though not smothering. Always important! The service at the table was comparable to any of the haute cuisine restaurants I had experienced in any major cities of the world. The atmosphere was perfect, and the food was out of this world. Always a personal surprise "taster" from the chef, a favourite. The deserts are very special.

1  Thank JonathanEaves
Reviewed 14 December 2015

A white sauce with a subtle taste of jerusalem artichokes complimented by the most perfectly cooked scollops as a starter. The Sea Bass on a plate of puried vegatables that first appeared, overboard, but due to them remaining hot on a hot plate , released their individual tastes and made the dish memorial. Goats cheese helped to clean the pallet and then the suprise. A ball of chocalate with no ice cream or praline until the hot caramel was poured and then BANG the dessert was exposed in all its glory.
For me and my friends, this was a memoriable meal , that we will probably never better.
Our thankls to you and the service from your staff.
We will certainly recommend you to any one we learn is visiting Perigueux