All reviews fluent in english loved this hotel superb location the air conditioning comfortable room free parking old town pyrenees kettle bistro wardrobe cheese
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Thank you for a great stay. It was my first time visiting Pau. Room was nice and clean. All staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Met the male manager, very polite. Will absolutely come back here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank CaptainBKK
Nicole P, Gérant at Hotel de Gramont, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Ben B,

Thank you very much for taking your time to complete a TripAdvisor review, it was truly a pleasure to have you with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked your room, as well as our staff kindness.

Thank you once again for those warm comments. The entire team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I loved this hotel. The staff are amazing! Super helpful, fluent in English (and patient with my attempt at French). They stored our French cheeses in their fridge, which was very kind and gave us some ice to keep them cold when we left.

We had selected a family room, but when we arrived they gave us a choice of the family room or adjoining rooms. Both looked lovely, but we decided on the family room.
The AC worked well and was quiet.

The breakfast was excellent. A wide variety of food (bread, cheese, cereal) and choice of coffee or tea. €11 for breakfast for adults, it was free for our 7 year old, but I'm not sure what age that would change.

It's very close to the Chateau of Pau.

I would definitely go back here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Nicole P, Gérant at Hotel de Gramont, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear goofy_chick98,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the family room, as well as our breakfast.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Superb location for our visit for the Historic GP Weekend. Clean and comfortable room and helpful friendly staff. Will definitely stay again if we revisit Pau. This hotel is obviously popular with Brits as the staff are very fluent in English!

Review collected in partnership with Qualys-Hotel
Nicole P, Gérant at Hotel de Gramont, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear John A,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay during the Grand Prix Historique, as well as the cleanliness and comfort of your room.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Yep! STOP....and pause a while in this peaceful hotel!
Yep! It is NOT the smartest hotel I have stayed in....but, the quiet rooms, lovely helpful & willing staff make this a great place to stay when visiting the Historic town of Pau!
It is exceptionally central to almost everything and certainly a whole host of much and varied restaurants within 100/150 metres....the one directly outside (Le Bistrot d'a Cote) is definitely not to be missed!....more of that in a separate review!
We had no problems parking right outside....there are possibly 7 spaces allocated to the Hotel.
Although it IS central it is also SO quiet! We were in a suite on the first floor looking out over the small square and a main road.....once the windows were shut it was so quiet we found ourselves sleeping in!
The air conditioning was a real plus....VERY effective in unusual temperatures of 30 degrees plus....and it ran so very quietly!
The comments in other reviews do suggest this lovely place could do with refurbishment....and I don't disagree BUT...it is CLEAN....and comfortable....AND we are fussy travellers!
Don't hesitate to book here....don't expect Ritz surroundings....remember that the hotel is a 3* Hotel and you will definitely not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicole P, Propriétaire at Hotel de Gramont, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear FRANCES39A,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the kindness of our team, the cleanliness and comfort of your suite. Indeed, our hotel is ideally located within the historic town, close to the best restaurants in town and shopping area.

I have well noted your comments, and I am pleased to inform you that we are currently starting a global refurbishment, in order to provide to our guest an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Hotel was in perfect location for our visit to Pau for Grand Prix Historique.
Staff were welcoming and helpful. Free parking in Place Verdun was very convenient.
Great selection of restaurants and shops within easy walk.

Review collected in partnership with Qualys-Hotel

Dear Julia436,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay during the Grand Prix Historique, as well as the exceptional location of our hotel.