“best coffee in bayonne.”
Review of Le Bistro'Quai

Le Bistro'Quai
Ranked #42 of 307 Restaurants in Bayonne
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Hands down, the best cup of espresso in Bayonne. Nice baked camembert. Waiters were attentive. Price reasonable.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We walked in and asked the host if she could explain the menu and were surprised by her friendly attitude, not only did she explain the menu she was very pleasant and helpful the whole night. The food was well presented and prepared the cost was reasonable as well.My wife had veal with mushrooms and I had steak with chips with a side of beautiful vegetables. We would recommend the restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

Local Basque cuisine plus a few other favourites, this is very much an upmarket bistro. Excellent choice of local specialiities, very friendly and good ambiance. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 21 December 2015

We stopped in Bayonne overnight on our drive from Spain to UK and found this restaurant as we walked along the riverside. Although the area was very busy a table was found for us and we were made very welcome. The food was excellent and good value and the ambience would be hard to improve. We look forward to visiting again on our return journey.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

This restaurant is better than good. We arrived 'un-booked' and quite by chance on a wet, cold January evening. The welcome was as warming as mulled wine. The service as spot-on as Roger Federer's. We started with an assortment of tapas at about 7 euros a dishful - enough on each dish to share among the four of us. Our French friends chose the beef (to share between two) and a side of blood-red, perfectly cooked bullock arrived. My wife had 'the best scallops I've ever tasted'. I chose my favourite dish of all time -rack of lamb. It was served in a herb-crust which was slightly too thick for my taste and slightly undercooked but the chops were divine. A range of delicious desserts was served and all was washed down with brilliant wines. We drank white wine by the glass and red by the Spanish bottle. My wife and I were once wine writers and say unequivocally that the wines married perfectly with the food. We even tasted a modest rosé at the bar before eating. This place is not far from the cathedral and of course on the river. Lovers of rugby - this is Bayonne after all -- are particularly welcome ! The lady who served us was extremely knowledgeable about the game ! Dress code - smart casual without scrum cap.