All reviews restaurant next door free parking one night courtepaille restaurant attached restaurant industrial area sleep quality minutes by car road trip no frills rooms are basic travelling through france pit stop on site restaurant long journey what it says on the tin staff were helpful
Reviewed 27 July 2018

- No Lift
This was a minor problem. Unlike the couple before me, I was not asked if I wanted ground or first floor. I take that as a compliment. I look like I can carry my bags and my daughter's through the stairs. No problem.

- Before accepting a room test the internet.....
I was furious with this. Every couple of web pages the connection falls down. Disconnect, connect, and login. Click, click. Net down again. Disconnect, connect, and login.
After spending one hour trying to book the hotel for the next night, I went to the reception to complain.
The fault was surely mine... my laptop or whatever. I went upstairs and sat down on the floor on the other side of the corridor of my room. Net ok and no breakdowns. I managed to do in 5 minutes what I couldn't do in one hour from my room.
Back to reception. He could not explain because

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2018

After driving for 12 hours and only a couple of stops, you need a good nights sleep to enable you to continue the following day, with another 12 hour drive....We have stopped here for the past 4 years and around 3 or 4 times each year....Perfect place for us to stop en-route UK to Southern Spain with our 4 legged friend. An attached restaurant means we can check in, have something to eat and then just sleep. The rooms are basic but comfy. Air con works well and it helps with the sound proofing when there's a screaming baby in the next room, but to be fair we didn't hear the baby until the morning. Always stay here - wouldn't think of stopping anywhere else :-)

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
patrice T, Manager at Ibis Budget Bayonne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis budget Bayonne.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We always stay at this particular Ibis when we travel to Spain....It is always clean and the staff are efficient and helpful.....the attached restaurant is a bonus as after a long journey the last thing we want to do is drive to a restaurant....I thoroughly recommend this as it is also very price friendly...Peter and Patricia Thorpe.....

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Situated really close to the motorway, we chose this hotel as we were making the long journey from southern Spain to Calais, and they accept pets. Its clean and plain, no frills but who needs frills? The restaurant next door is very good and you get a discount there. Pay the extra €6 for a lovely breakfast in the breakfast room that opens at an impressive 5:30am Highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This hotel has become a regular stopover en route from Saint Malo and the Costa Blanca as it's about half way. We use it as it has ample parking on site, is comfortable, reasonably priced and there is a restaurant next door.

Date of stay: January 2018