“Good solid simple food visited by locals”
Review of La Piece de Boeuf

La Piece de Boeuf
Ranked #18 of 318 Restaurants in Bayonne
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We've been a couple of times and the food has been consistently good - mostly beef including burgers but also fish. Reasonable prices, good service.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Stopped of here for lunch.....I had the plat du jour which was beef steak with mushroom sauce and dauphinoise potatoes my partner just had a coffee as she was not hungry (too many cakes at breakfast) Well my steak was delicious the sauce was to die for and the dauphinoise was heavenly.......I think you get the picture that it was one of the best meals I have ever tasted.........I twisted my partners arm to try the dauphinoise with a bit of sauce....she said wow I have got to have some.....She then asked the waiter if she could possibly have some dauphinoise potatoes with some mushroom sauce.....of course...no problem was the reply.......Sadly we left Bayonne that evening otherwise we would have returned again........We will return soon though ...cant wait..............I cannot recommend this restaurant enough

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

As a lover of steak I decided to take my husband to this restaurant. I have to say the choices on the menu at lunch time are too many and not enough beef for the restaurant to call itself La Piece de Boeuf. The food when it came was better than average and the toilet had some nice ornaments in there. However I think this restaurant could greatly improve it's standards by selling more beef! You know like a real steakhouse that has loads of different cuts and loads of different weights of steak. As much as I like the Pays Basque I am beginning to think that if you do not wish to eat tapas, octopus or axoa with piments, probably find more steak dishes in another part of France or even in Belgium. Will be sticking to Basque restaurants in future as at least traditional Basque cuisine is less of an imitation. Note to anybody else the nearest Buffalo Grill is near Bordeaux!

Reviewed 7 June 2015

This was a return visit for us, we ate in the restaurant last July and found that there has been an improvement to the menu, there are now a couple of non beef options for main course: I enjoyed some very good king prawns with my potato dauphinoise.

There is still the option for one plate of beef or 'all you can eat' that comes with a salad to start and a dessert. The servers spend time explaining the cuts of meat to you, as a variety are served, all the meat is served rare so you must ask if you want it more well done.

The meat is still to die for, very, very good beef and we enjoyed ourselves more this visit as I wasn't forced to eat rare beef! The meal is good value, a reasonable cost for some very good meat.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

Fantastic skilfully sliced beef served with passion! Tasted delicious. I would not usually eat so rare but now I am converted. Looking forward to my next visit to Boyonne so I can experience this great hidden gem once again.