“Dreadful”

Price range: US$0 - US$28
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Rude, rude, rude. Never have I encountered such arrogant and rude service from restaurant staff with very little to be arrogant about. The food was average at best, and my advice to the staff is that if you feel the urge to stand and smirk or be snarky about the customers who are paying your wages, at least do it where they can't see you. It is almost unheard of for us not to leave a tip, but this was such an occasion. We just wished that we'd walked out before the meal.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

This is definitely the place to go if wanting to try good regional foods from Pays Basque! They serve all types of things from seafood to meat to smaller tapas plates. The dishes are worth the higher prices. Everything was delicious. They also served us a little later, we didn't arrive for lunch until 2pm. Very generous servers.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I travel for business an many times I had dinner solo. This is a place where relax and get good food. In particular traditional Basque tapas. There are other more nice, this is like a pub but a the end what is key is the food. Not exclusive restaurant but who care when you want just relax and enjoy some free time. The service is fast but not perfect... If improve in the future I'll give 5 star...

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This was just down the road from our hotel , 'Le Bayonne' and so within easy walking distance, along a pleasant route.

The restaurant faces onto the river and on the 4th October it was still warm enough to sit outside - it was oh so lovely. The restaurant is very popular with local people and was therefore extremely busy - so a little wait however more than acceptable. The waiter was charming.

I had lamb chops and my husband had the duck. Both were delicious. Portions were very generous, the salad was so fresh and the potatoes were real home made chips. They really were lovely meals. I do not eat desserts whereas my husband would not dream of not having one. His was beautifully presented and thoroughly enjoyed.

One tip:

Eating outside is lovely however of course locals smoke during meals when eating outside and I had forgotten this. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and, so on this holiday across Europe from a respiratory perspective I have suffered somewhat. If you have respiratory issues don't eat outside unless the area is designated as non-smoking - which I never saw.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Although it was a very hot day it still felt pleasant to sit by the river. The food was piping hot and we left with no complaints.