“Great location, great room, clean!”
Review of Hotel des Anges

Hotel des Anges
Ranked #101 of 129 Hotels in Strasbourg
Reviewed 17 February 2015

Perfect place with all important point are near! clean linen, clean bathroom, cosy room, great view, minute to cathedral, minute to Dublineers, what else would you like. There isn't lift, but who cares?! It is problem only when you arrive

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to the ground. Anyway, all ara great!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel des Anges

Reviewed 7 January 2015

Negatives: The room was extremely small. About 2 x 5 m with a double bed. The photos on their website were very deceiving. It would have been great if they had a kettle and tea cups or mugs in the room, as they don't serve breakfast, but there was absolutely nothing like that. They do not help with carrying luggage up the stairs and there is no lift.

The positives are that the room was clean, nice and quiet, location couldn't have been better. No view. We were able to store our luggage at the hotel until we caught a train late in the afternoon. Free wifi reception was fair.

Room Tip: Make you ask for a large room with a view.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

For me it was a little tricky to find the hotel as one need to go through narrow entrance to the lobby (1st floor) from the outside. Check-in was a swift unfortunately it is open only until 7 pm. Receptionist speaks English and obliging when asked about places to eat, laundry service, etc.

I got the room in the attic (4th floor) and it was surely a climb for me. As they don't have a lift service in this hotel therefore, it would be a physical challenge for guests with heavy loads. The room was clean and I presumed it had just gone through face lifting. Thou it was a tad small but it have a cozy feel to it. Basic toiletries such as soap, bath foam and a plastic cup are provided for guests. However, its weather was warm during my visit and there were no air-condition, ceiling fan or table fan available.

I love the location on main street and right in front of the Strasbourg Cathedral which is a site to behold and it is surrounded by restaurants and cafes.
Unfortunately, it was a long walk to the Place de la Gare (Strasbourg train station).

Room Tip: Lower floor if you have heavy luggage or knee problem. Higher floor to quieter room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Even though we booked a room in December (and confirmed) when we arrived in June they had no record of the booking. I showed them the confirmation but the receptionist couldn't shed any further light on the situation. I insisted that the hotel find us alternative accommodation and luckily one was found in a similar locality. I also asked them to transport us there at their cost. Whilst all this was done I couldn't help thinking that they didn't really care. I wasn't happy as I struggled up the stairs with our luggage to reception only to be told there was no booking recorded.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randa22
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed two nights.
Hotel only 2 stars but excellent quality. It doesnt have all the extras like tea/coffee, break
fast, a lift (if you have a lot of luggage be prepared for a work out!!!)
The carpets are a tad worn... My twin room very narrow/ small...but thats all the negative i could say about it.

Really impressed by clenliness of hotel. Linen all looks new...bathroom like new...shower very powerful...bed comfy. I had the street view but even this was.nice. The towns itself is superb...highly recommend a visit. So far on my tour of europe this is my favourite stop.
Hotel right beside the main attraction of the cathedral...and central for everything.
A most pleasant surprise for the price

• Stayed: May 2014