“Poor Service”
Review of Hotel des Anges

Hotel des Anges
Ranked #97 of 131 Hotels in Strasbourg
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Even though we booked a room in December (and confirmed) when we arrived in June they had no record of the booking. I showed them the confirmation but the receptionist couldn't shed any further light on the situation. I insisted that the hotel find us alternative accommodation and luckily one was found in a similar locality. I also asked them to transport us there at their cost. Whilst all this was done I couldn't help thinking that they didn't really care. I wasn't happy as I struggled up the stairs with our luggage to reception only to be told there was no booking recorded.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randa22

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed two nights.
Hotel only 2 stars but excellent quality. It doesnt have all the extras like tea/coffee, break
fast, a lift (if you have a lot of luggage be prepared for a work out!!!)
The carpets are a tad worn... My twin room very narrow/ small...but thats all the negative i could say about it.

Really impressed by clenliness of hotel. Linen all looks new...bathroom like new...shower very powerful...bed comfy. I had the street view but even this was.nice. The towns itself is superb...highly recommend a visit. So far on my tour of europe this is my favourite stop.
Hotel right beside the main attraction of the cathedral...and central for everything.
A most pleasant surprise for the price

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very nice hotel in the center of Strasbourg, only few meters from the catherdral. The rooms were very small but clean. The bed was VERY comfortable. A little disadvantage is that the breakfast is not included but there are a lot of small cafés nearby. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OHelena
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The hotel is not very visible from the street, just a door with a small handwritten sign on it. The door is open only at certain hours in the morning and in the afternoon. Clients can open it with a kaypad-code. I was outside and under the rain, at noon, and when I have phone-called the hotel the receptionist told me I could not enter before 15:00!!
I insisted because I had a reserved room and the finally she opened.
The room was SMALL, about 3x3 m, bath included. I could not even find a place where to lay the towels! (on the bed at the end). Though, the furnitures are new and the place is clean.
The hairdryer was broken, and for two consecutive days the shower was cold (at 8:00 in the morning!). At the second day I have noticed the problem to the administrator and she kindly promised some refund for the inconveniency. Unfortunately, I have never received the refund.
Take your own conclusions.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cipitino
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This hotel has only one advantage: location. It is located in the center of the city center, just one minute walk from the square with the cathedral. Hotel itself is poor, unclean and disappointing. It was the first time for a looong time when I had a toilet outside a room which I had rent. The best solution is to add some more money and rent other hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business