1,034 results
All reviews infinity pool afternoon tea terrace bar eclectic hotels free standing bath spa area manchester town hall steam room sky tv great john street boutique hotel beautiful hotel roll top bath junior suite nespresso machine front of house birthday treat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

after making a bit of a fool of ourselves at the train station it was refreshing to arrive at this picture perfect hotel and see three smiling staff members waiting for us, as we were getting checked in one of them said 'we do have a complimentary upgrade for you- so you will be in the master suite today' as I was picking my jaw off the floor, my partner finished checking us in and we went up to the room. it was lovely, clean and well looked after. The staff had taken extra care leaving a few extras we had added (cake and snacks) and the radio had been left on for a pleasant arrival. we stayed for one night in the massive, cloud like bed and both slept better than we have all year. in the morning we went straight up to the roof top pool where half outdoor/ half indoor pool was a perfect temperature to relax and catch up. the spa area also has loungers, a steam room, changing and show facilities and a bathroom. The bath and shower in the room were also brilliant, a bath big enough for two in the bedroom and a walk in rainfall shower in the bathroom, perfect lighting for getting ready and a heating/ air con unit that actually works (unlike the hotels that say 16 degrees but are actually 40) all in all this hotel was perfect, nothing was too much for the staff, from the guys at reception to the lady who brought more towels to the pool, smiling, friendly staff who seemed ready for a chat whenever you want one, excellent, hotel

sorry I had a waffle x

Room tip: all floors are quiet so don't worry about noise- a room with a view is an added luxury for a good facebook brag :)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenny0h, General Manager at King Street Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Grace

Your "waffle" is most welcome :.)

I am delighted to read that the team made you feel welcome at arrival and that we were able to upgrade your room to one of our Suites for your stay. To know you had time to experience our 7th floor Spa Pool is fantastic also.

I will be sure to pass all your comments to the team who will be delighted to hear it and we hope it isn't to long until we are welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel with so much character and style, their only downfall is that it's booked up so much that I can't get a room!

I stayed in one of their suite which I also stayed in previous and I would recommend everyone else to stay here! With it's stylish decor and wonderful views, you'll find yourself wishing you lived there!

I managed to go to the spa this time which I didn't get chance to experience last time. I loved it! Finally a pool that doesn't make me want to go running back to my bed to get warm! It was super warm (a few of the water gets were out, but nothing major) . Then the screen was lifted and we got a wonder full view of Manchester at sunset! This hotel wound be the place to be when it's snowing! My partner went in the sauna which he enjoyed very much. Can't recommend enough!

I didn't have breakfast this time as it's not included in the room rate , I had it last time and it's pretty basic continental or full English..... not really worth £19, especially when you're in the heart of Manchester with so many food options.

The only constructive criticism I would have to say re the rooms is that we could have benefited from a pillow menu you to pillows were far too soft . Which made our sleep not as comfortable as it could have potentially been.

I've stayed in ever 5 star in Manchester and this hotel is my current favourite

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing King Street Townhouse, we really appreciate you coming back.

We take great pride in exceeding expectations both with our product and service so I am delighted to read your fantastic comments and that you got to enjoy our 7th floor Spa Pool this time.

I will be sure to pass all your feedback to the team directly who will be delighted to hear it.

We look forward to your hat-trick stay :.)

Reviewed 11 November 2018

Attended a Birthday party here. The King Street Townhouse was a great location and the staff were excellent - a great evening.

The vegetarian option was a bit disappointing - Pearl Barley Risotto. Travelling round Europe this year I have been amazed at the breath of vegetarian and vegan options available. The restaurant needs to up its game to keep up.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to feed back about your recent experience with us here at King Street Townhouse.

I am happy to read you found the staff "excellent" and I agree that we are ideally located being in the centre of town.

I will be sure to pass all your comments to the team and hope you have another experience with us soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Another wonderful stay at this chic quirky boutique hotel right in the centre of Manchester. Individual bedrooms which are luxurious and really comfy large beds. Real milk for your in-room tea and coffee machine as well. Also incredibly quiet. Had a great sleep and yummy cooked-to-order breakfast. Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenny0h, General Manager at King Street Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Melanie

Thank you for returning to King Street Townhouse and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. I agree that our breakfast is "yummy" and personally think that there is no better way to start the day than with an Eclectic style breakfast.

It is indeed the small touches that make a stay and I am happy to see you enjoyed all of our little details in the room paired with our service.

We thank you for you recommendation and hope to welcoming yourself back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

We recently returned to King Street Townhouse & it was as good as we remember. Staff were excellent & one even remembered us from the last time (which was our wedding, so a little more than a quiet Monday!).
Lovely room, food & overall experience. Not many fireworks to see on the 5th, but we didn’t mind.

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to King Street Townhouse, we really appreciate it and it was a delight to see you post your wedding stay.

I will be sure to feed back your comments directly to the staff who will be thrilled to hear it.

We hope to welcoming you again soon and look forward to it.