1,126 results
All reviews city centre piccadilly station junior suite great hotel walk in shower piccadilly gardens good size modern hotel perfect location a stones throw few minutes walk tram stop canal street definitely stay here again pleasant stay business trip room was spotless
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This is my 4tg stay over the last 2 yes in this hotel and it still is a great choice.
Hotel is smart and has a new feel about it , everything works as it should and the staff always go the extra mile to help.
Food is good and you are in the city centre , just a short walk from all that Manchester has to offer.
Don't take a chance , you can't go wrong with this hotel .

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Jarrod A

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to share your experience of your visits to the Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre.

I'm delighted to learn that you've always enjoyed a great stay with us and you too, find our location ideal to explore all that Manchester has to offer.

It is our pleasure to look after you and we look forward to doing so again very soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I visited your hotel with friends for afternoon Tea.

We were greeted upon arrival by A lady called called Leanne? & advised there would be quite a wait as they were quite busy at the time, however we were happy to grab a drink whilst we waited.

After about 10 minutes Leanne came over with a friendly smile and advised that our table was ready.

Leanne had a very happy welcoming attitude towards us which was quite refreshing and endearing.

Leanne is an amazing asset to your team and really makes you feel like you are receiving VIP treatment.

A Return visit is definitely needed when back in Manchester with my girls

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Smiggymoo

Many thanks indeed for reviewing your Afternoon Tea experience with us.

I completely agree with your sentiments regarding Lianna. She is indeed a shining star and I'm so pleased that you too experienced the superb level of customer care that we regularly hear from our guests. It will give me great pleasure to share your kind words with Lianna and I know she will over the moon to hear that she has been praised in such a manner.

We look forward to having the pleasure of looking after you again on the next occasion you have cause to be in Manchester with your girls.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on business for a couple of days. Staff are friendly and helpful across reception, restaurant and bar. Location is a two minute walk from Manchester Picadilly train station and the surrounding shopping / eating facilities so ideal if you need or want to be in the centre. Rooms are clean, modern, comfortable and quiet... though my room was at the far end of a corridor so I might have been lucky.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear CD2727

Many thanks for reviewing your time with us whilst in Manchester on business.

I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit and you too found our location within the City ideal.

It is hoped on a future visit to Manchester, you will allow us the opportunity to look after you again.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We went into the Hotel to get a drink and let my wife sit down after a fall near the hotel. Leigh and Leanne who work in the restaurant were marvellous. They very kindly provided tea and an ice pack. They are a credit to the company well done girls.

1  Thank jollywalley

Dear jollywalley

It was so nice to hear that Leigh and Lianna looked after you so well when your wife fell just outside the Hotel. I will ensure that both Lianna and Leigh see sight of your kind words and of course, we all hope that your wife is feeling so much better and recovering well after her fall.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and of course, if you are ever passing again, please do feel free to pop in and say hello.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

When I first heard that I’d been booked in to stay at a Holiday Inn with work I must confess that my heart sank. I can honestly say that I couldn’t have been more wrong. This is genuinely one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever stayed in (inside or outside of work). The room was spotlessly clean, no mound in the bathroom (not always a given), really nice powerful shower, a fridge (that I didn’t discover until just before check out) and a fantastic Smart TV.
Like an absolute muppet I’d forgotten my toothpaste. As per the little card in my room, I was given a complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste by reception. How amazing is that? Having mentioned this policy to my girlfriend she felt it was especially nice that they also provide female sanitary products (amongst many other things) to their guests completely free of charge. Other big hotel chains who put these essential items in vending machines should take note, looking at you Premier Inn.
My bed was very comfortable. The choice of firm or soft pillows is genius. I’m very much in team soft pillow myself but some people are obviously afraid of comfort. Being a modern hotel the soundproofing was spot on and I’m pleased to report that I slept like a log.
I had an absolutely lovely cooked breakfast and my server even bought me over a pot of coffee and some milk so I could have more than one cup. I helped myself to an orange juice (a morning must for me). It was a really good breakfast and I was especially impressed by the eggs. I love a good egg. Being a buffet style breakfast you could also help yourself to as much or as little as you wanted. Personally I wouldn’t pay £17 for breakfast anywhere, I’d go to Greggs or Wetherspoon’s as I’m tight, but when it’s this good and paid for by work I can’t complain!
All staff that I interacted with were very pleasant and helpful. Should I ever stay in Manchester again this will absolutely be by first port of call. Staying here has really changed my perceptions of what staying in a modern Holiday Inn is like.
Impressive... Most impressive.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear JamesKCook

What a wonderful review to receive. The team and I are over the moon to hear that you found us to be 'unexpectedly brilliant' and as such, thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It goes without saying that we are so pleased that you have taken the time to review your time with us and of course, share your experience with your fellow Tripadvisor readers.

It was our pleasure to look after you both and it is hoped that we will have the opportunity to do so again as and when you may next have cause to visit Manchester.