“Good food, would recommend!”
Review of Burger and Lobster - CLOSED

Burger and Lobster
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great Friday lunch here, the menu is small but has a good selection for what you expect. The burger, fries and salad was great value for money and really tasty. The lobster also went down very well at our table. I will be back!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Decided to come here with family and friends on a Monday evening. We have been here often enough to know that they have changed their menu, prices and even staff recently.

This restaurant used to be one of our favourite within the City Centre, and we were happy to hear that it's still open despite of the news that we've heard. Everytime we have the craving for lobster this have always been the First choice for us.

However, this wasn't the case on our previous visit, decided to come in here with our 3 year old and 6 more friends around 6pm on Monday, I have asked the hostess if I can possibly get a child's menu & have been told that they do not provide this(1st visit with a child) I have then asked if I can possibly get some food from the outside to be consumed in the restaurant for my little one, she politely replied- yes you can as long as you hide it.
I wasn't satisfied with this response, I suggested to ask her manager for permission, by surpise the MoD came up quite aggressively stating and I quote the following:

"We do not have children's menu and we are not a FAMILY restaurant"
" Bringing outside food is a risk of cross contamination"

Did I mention that we were sat just behind the host desk. The table was 30 metres away from their kitchen?

I am familiar with what you have " Burger or Lobster" I have a hungry son who want's to eat something else apart from the fries reccomendation. Is it inhumane to want something from somewhere else for our little one which you couldn't provide? We are not going to indulge on good food while our son only has chips on his plate. We decided to pay for the drink's bill & walked out. Without exaggeration I must say you have lost £300+ worth of business which we happily spent elsewhere on the same night.

Serious managing issues here. FAO OWNER or AREA MANAGER.
Please hear my thoughts on this. What happened to maximising business and going the extra mile? Service vs Hospitality, pick what you want to deliver. Good restaurant + bad inexeperienced management = Failure. I'm not prejudice but the MoD clearly lacked experience & attitude. Also to mention that you have failed to provide the basic of service.

Apologies for ranting, Please let us know once this has been fixed and we might just give you another try!

1  Thank Airowin M
Tom_Lambe, Manager at Burger and Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hi airowin

Obviously somethings gone very wrong here, if you want to drop me an email on anthony.brough@burgerandlobster.com we can hopefully get to the bottom of this for you.

We don't offer a children's menu and whilst we don't turn away the little ones we don't really peg ourselves as a venue for children, however you're obviously upset with how you were treated and i would very much appreciate the opportunity to have a chat with you personally and get this resolved.

Look forward to hearing from you

Anthony

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Great night with lovely food. The grilled lobster is wonderful. The burgers are yummy. The service is impressively slick! The staff are friendly and engaging! It's not a cheap night.....but it's a cut above.

Tom_Lambe, Manager at Burger and Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Hey Fordylicious!

So glad to hear you enjoyed your night with us last night and thanks for leaving us a review.
We've really been working on our service standards so it's really nice to hear the team's hard work is paying off.
I will be sure to pass on your comments.

Many thanks,
Tom

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Lobster burger was very dry with big stale bun. I don't know why but when I saw it in a menu my expectations was about lobster burger without meat/beef. But this burger was a mix of seafood and beef and overall taste was strange. However lobsters in aquariums at the entrance seems very healthy, happy and eatable :-) Unfortunately, only 2 out of 5

2  Thank NatalieF00DIE

Hi NatalieF00DIE,

All our burgers are made with 100% Nebraskan Beef and are served in a lightly toasted Sour Dough/Brioche mix bread bun.

If it was lobster you were after, we do offer a whole lobster or our Lobster Roll - which is chilled lobster meat in Japanese Mayonnaise in a lightly toasted sweet brioche roll.

All of this is specified in our menu.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived late afternoon,it was couple of tables only. Many staff were hanging around. After we entered we were just waited to be seated. One waiter guy just walked passed us. A girl barely noticed us, gave us a quick eye contact and started to interact with another table. Few minutes later 2 girl walked in aswell. Waited for a while, looked confused - so as we were. After like another 5 minutes of waiting the waitress seated them first, at this point we just decided to sit down the first table next to us. This is when the waiter came over with 2 menus.
Wierd start.
The burgers were good, the waiter made suggestions .... came back to check on us if everything is okay with the food, if we want more drinks or desserts.
Bumpy start, but after that a pleasant meal.
(service charge added to the bill automatically)

2  Thank nononemeth