1,605 results
All reviews train station rooms are small continental breakfast office block reception and bar area car park next door boiled eggs city centre storage space short stay would stay again manchester piccadilly comfortable bed lovely hotel great shower minute walk air con
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is my second time in this hotel and I just love it. I don't know how they do it but I was recognized upon arrival... I was there in March!!! Apart from that the staff is always super nice and nothing has changed, breakfast is perfect I love the bathroom and the bed is still nirvana for me. As long as I am coming back to Manchester for a few days I don't want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Just go and enjoy
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Great location; spartan ultra modern furnishings. It is minimalist almost to a fault; there is, e.g., no tissue, no washcloths. A very comfortable bed, completely clean, very quiet, small but adequate rooms. Breakfast is extra and appeared to be not worth it. Staff is very very friendly. Good walking location to many areas, and near the Piccadilly Station. We were very pleased to stop over for one night, as it satisfied our needs very well, but would want much more from a hotel if staying longer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Sean M, Manager at Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Motel One. I am delighted that many elements of your time here were positive.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Hotel booked in central Manchester- hotel phoned re parking, receptionist helpful stating it was next door and discount applied for people staying in hotel (on departure the car park pdq systems were down so we were allowed out for no charge)

reception quick and efficient, room found on 7th floor. rooms are small and overlooked by the offices next door, only way round that was to close the curtains. having not stayed in a hotel where the rooms are overlooked by offices almost caught out as did not look that way. probably worth reception telling you rooms are overlooked to save embarrassment. as it was business the bar was utilised, a wide range of spirits on offer with friendly and knowledgeable staff.

breakfast - did not eat here but there is plenty of choice within a few minutes walk. usual £10 for the hotel breakfast

in the room there is a small cupboard with tea and coffee making facilities. on the first morning I had a cup of tea, thought I was putting sugar in and it was coffee sachet. I left that to be cleaned up. on opening the cupboard the next day the cup of cold tea/coffee was still there?

could do with biscuits with the tea and coffee

would go back again as reasonably priced and central

Room Tip: close the curtains as rooms overlooked, beware
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel so much. My apologies however for the coffee cup issue. I do hope that it was quickly rectified when you highlighted it to a member of the team.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is warm and welcoming. Efficient front desk check in. The room was comfortable but some of the design features had me puzzled - couldn't find light switch for bedside lights and the basin had no plug so not good for washing or shaving. The shower pressure wasn't that strong and it was difficult to get under the shower as it didn't angle sufficiently and was too close to the wall. Bed was comfortable but sheets were tucked in too tightly.
Continental breakfast was excellent - good choice of ingredients and well worth the extra cost.
I will return to Metro-One Manchester Piccadilly next time I am on business in Manchester.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Motel One. I really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms are small, but immaculately clean, attractive and functional. Beds and pillows comfortable. Temperature good, opening window (not too noisy). WiFi fine, desk to work at. No view, but I was there to work and sleep. No noise overnight. Better than most similar level hotel chains and cheaper. Recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback, it really is appreciated.