“Sisters Birthday Meal ”

Price range: US$53 - US$92
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Restaurant layout is nice and I like that you can see the kitchen, but you have to enjoy steaks to come here. The spatchcock Chicken was dry, the prawns were over cooked, but the lamb and steak were cooked to perfection. Therefore I would only recommend ordering red meat. There was a massive mix up with our order and the different types of cuts of meat. The waitress had served the most expensive cut to the wrong person on the table after asking the waitress if she was sure. The waitress then realised she served the wrong cut to the person who had already started eating. We had to then wait for another steak to be prepared which meant the side dishes were cold. They also made a mess of the bill, by adding the drinks onto the bill again but we had already paid for our drinks upstairs as we waited for the guests to arrive. Once point out the waitress had them removed. Best thing on the menu was the mixed grill.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My parents and I came here on a Saturday evening. We were shown to our table straight away and seated with a food menu. The waitress cane around with a board of each cut of meat (raw) where she gave a knowledgeable account of each one. We all had the rump steak,rare (as it was recommended blue or rare), and it came with either thin or fat chips with or without a chilli vinegarette dressing as well as your choice of sauce. The wine list was substantive, with Malbecs being a prominent drink on the menu. Would thoroughly recommend dining here as the food was beautiful with the wine complementary to the food. I believe our waitress was called Cesca.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everything was fab. Super food and incredibly knowledgeable sommelier who suggested perfect wines to accompany our dinner. Great, hip atmosphere. We loved it and thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would highly recommend a visit to Gaucho. I came here with my partner and we had a lovely time. The service was lovely, with the menu and how the steaks are prepared explained in great detail. They were there to answer or help us with anything we inquired about. The food itself was delicious and it was the best steak I’ve ever had! The interior was modern and sleek and definitely the place to go if you want a meal with your partner or to go out celebrating with friends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for friend's birthday, the service for the entire evening was first class, staff attentive but not intrusive. Food was delicious, especially the dulche de leche cheesecake. Friend had rib eye steak and I had lamb chops - the only negative was the broccoli, I found that disappointing and I wouldn't recommend that but the mixed beans were lovely as was my gnocchi. My friend's steak sliced like butter, no need for a steak knife. If you want a lovely meal in a restaurant where the decor is beautiful and the service excellent then give Gaucho a try.