“Amazing!”

Price range: US$53 - US$92
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Food fantastic, excellent service, lovely ambience..best steak I've ever had in a restaurant, very romantic, great for couples

Write a ReviewReviews (1,822)

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful location and stunning interior yet still in keeping with the gaucho brand. Staff were attentive and food delicious. Happy to recommend CHURRASCO DE LOMO.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I regularly take Electro brunch at the Leeds branch where the service, food & atmosphere is always impeccable however, as I was in the area visiting friends we made an advance booking at Manchester for a change.

On arrival I was disappointed to find that the the elegant, spacious interior advertised on the Gaucho website was hidden away, and that Electro Brunchers were absconded away to the darkened bar area inside the entrance instead. The music was extremely loud and overpowering and although the staff were pleasant, we felt they were a little pushy and seemed to be rushing us at times.

The food was rather disappointing. I'm not sure that this due to the recent menu changes or whether it is just the branch, but my favourite dish - the eggs benedict were replaced by what I can only describe as a sloppy dollop of corned beef on a muffin atop of which sat an over poached egg. Terrible! The steak and eggs were also disappointing: the usual half inch thick steak and perfectly fried egg I have enjoyed in the past at Leeds reduced to a scant thin piece of beef atop of which sat a very greasy egg. The crockery is also very wrong - huge plates which ensure the portions appear far smaller.

The staff did supply an acknowledgement of my friends birthday by bringing out a plate of chocolate pancakes which was a lovely gesture. Our glasses were also kept topped up throughout.

I will be visiting the Leeds branch again in the near future and I can only pray that the usual high standard has been maintained there. However, I shall not be dining at the Manchester branch again.

2  Thank Pink
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We booked Gaucho having never visited to celebrate my 40th birthday around a month before we went. There was no point. It seems when you call to reserve you are not actually allocated a table at all. After waiting over half an hour for a table to become 'available' we were finally shown through to the restaurant. It is absolutely beautiful inside, and was extremely busy. Our starter of potted beef was very nice but then it went downhill from there. I ordered the corn fed chicken, it was burnt and the meat was dry, I left almost all of it. My husband had the burger and said it was greasy, also left half of it. Our server Maria was lovely but for some reason after she served us our bread to begin and wine, different people began to bring us our starters and mains, and clear our plates away, which seemed strange. Really disappointed with the whole experience, won't be returning.

2  Thank clare b
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Visited for a family celebration and had an amazing time. The service was first rate and the decor was lovely making this a great experience all round not to mention the amazing food. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank lisagay2017