“Pretty nice”
Review of The Rice Bowl

The Rice Bowl
Ranked #57 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Nice and reasonably priced but overall just your standard Chinese restaurant

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great selection but essentially a chain, fast food place. Good for kids or a fast lunch.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Looks like nothing from the street, but once you get downstaires there's always a good welcome, excellent food at good prices.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Seeking a good restaurant after an early evening Manchester City game I tried Rice Bowl. I was bit concerned that I wouldn't get in- it's a popular place made more so by good Tripadvisor reviews. Arriving at 8.30 I had a 20 minute wait as the place was heaving but they got me a table on my own. From there service was friendly, smiling and efficient- not the dishes grumpily thrown on the table style that you often get in Chinatown. Menu choice is extensive- I had bang ban chicken in szechuan sauce to start followed by stewed beef in five spices sauce- both tasty and certainly not bland. Portions are larger than in most chinese restaurants. Washed down with a couple of glasses of dry white, the bill came to £26- a bit more than I would normally pay for chinese though a cheaper option is available with the early evening menu up to 6.30pm. I'll definitely return for the good food and service.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We went into the Rice Bowl based on the reviews on here. The food was fantastic and if we return to Manchester, we will be going back.