1,693 results
All reviews honey restaurant rooftop bar inner sanctum brass bar welcome cocktail fur throw afternoon tea private members quirky touches mini bar king street quirky hotel turn down service top floor amazing hotel on arrival birthday treat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My partner and I were celebrating and were looking for somewhere nice stay. We booked one of the suites, and the room was lovely. The décor is certainly quirky, which isn't to my taste - but it was done very well. The bathroom is luxurious and the bed is probably one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. There was a large brass bath tub in the room, which was a nice touch. We enjoyed a cocktail in the roof top bar, but it was a shame that most of it was closed off due to a private party. Its worth mentioning that breakfast is also very nice.
This is certainly a treat, but not a regular one as its quite pricey!!

Room Tip: Book a suite if you can
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Yasmine H

Thank you for this quirky review of your recent visit here at Gotham.

I am so grateful for your kind words with regards to the staff and our hotel also about your overall experience, and I do appreciate your feedback

I do hope your next visit will be sooner rather than later and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here sept mid week in an internal suite (no windows)
This is not your normal run of the mill hotel, it is quirky in a gothic kind of way .
Think people will find it a bit Marmite either loving or hating it. We loved it and would definitely return to see other rooms as they all differ.
Staff are attentive and smiling and the hotel is located centrally .
An enjoyable stay

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear CChesters

Thank you for this quirky review of your recent visit here at Gotham.

I am so grateful for your kind words with regards to the staff also about your overall experience, and I do appreciate your feedback

God I love Marmite myself

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our first visit was fantastic, lovely room, great service, had dinner in the restaurant, and drinks in the bar. We returned again with my parents on September 8th. We met in the bar and was asked to sit in a small area as there was a wedding on. Having a look through the drinks menu, and were told we could not order cocktails as they had no time to make them. I ordered a bottle of cider and when it arrived I asked for a glass to pour it in to, I was told they had ran out of glasses as they were busy with the wedding. Very disappointing visit and not as warm and fuzzy as out first visit. I will try another hotel next time. Hope the wedding was a success because it took away from guests staying that night.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank limey70

Dear limey70

Thank you for returning to Gotham hotel .

I am so grateful for your kind words with regards to the hotel also about your overall experience, and I do appreciate your feedback

I will be speaking with our bar team here internally please accept my apologises.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

A mixed stay. Décor is original and fun, the staff all very friendly and the location is central. Things were slightly strange – we were in and out of our room quite a lot and couldn’t find a “Do Not Disturb” thing to hang outside. The breakfast service was having issues the weekend we were there. The buffet is a bit limited and the staff were struggling to keep it stocked. Due to delivery issues, there were quite a lot of items unavailable. But wouldn’t it be better to be up front and tell guests when you hand out the menus that certain items are unavailable, rather than wait until they try to order them. Also, if a delivery doesn’t arrive wouldn’t someone with initiative pop out to one of the “open all hours” shops just round the corner for certain basic items. The ingredients for pancakes are hardly exclusive. If you like to stay somewhere a bit different, a good choice.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nick_the_traveller

Dear nick_the _traveller

Thank you for this review of your recent visit

I will be speaking with the restaurant team here i am so sorry to hear this and will investigate further thank you

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed with a friend on a weekday night as we were attending an event in Manchester. I was really impressed with this hotel. The staff were really accommodating and the decor was so cool and quirky. The room we had was really opulent and had great views over the city. We spent the evening in the rooftop bar which was really stunning, like something you'd expect in New York. I would definitely come here again on a special occasion!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear thecatsguitar

Thank you for this stunning review of your recent visit to our hotel .

we love new York