1,020 results
All reviews northern quarter boutique hotel pub with rooms loft room busy bar bar downstairs comfy bed rooms are small ncp car park city centre bars and restaurants great shower perfect location excellent breakfast lovely hotel would definitely stay here again air con
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Absolutely smashing hotel in the heart of all the bars and restaurants!
Cracking room, beautifully decorated and very clean. Nice touches like green tea!
Only downside was bar staff initially refused to serve us saying they were closed, until we pointed out that they weren't actually closed for another hour. No one was on the desk for checkout, we had to wait ages for someone to come.
Minor niggles and we'd definitely go back again and again!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jules D
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel
Very quirky with gorgeous rooms .
In the northern quarter so lots of lovely bars and close to the shops .
The bar downstairs is so cosy absolutely packed with lovely cocktails , breakfast was amazing .
Staff are so friendly , we will defo be returning . X

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank claire_owen7
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed overnight in a deluxe suite which was very modern, comfortable and clean with virtually no noise from the surrounding bars and restaurants. The decor is warm and inviting with some colourful and rustic looking tiles in the bathroom. Makes a change from boring white!

The pub is also very friendly and relaxing with great food and service from their very attentive staff. I can recommend the hummus and avocado sandwich washed down with a cherry vodka daiquiri! Yum!

We spent the evening exploring the lively Northern Quarter before returning for a great nights sleep. The next morning I was treated to the best veggie breakfast I have ever had! We'll be back!

Please note on my pics that the veggie breakfast was half scoffed before photographing. The original presentation was flawless

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I've walked past Abel Heywood many times but never really noticed it. It sits within the Northern Quarter which was once the grimy, industrial part of the city but now boasts lots of cool bars, cafes and smells of quinoa, beard oil and vimto vape liquid.

The pub downstairs does good beers and wasn't too rowdy which was a concern when booking a hotel over a pub. In our room which was on the 2nd floor, it was very quiet and peaceful which is a surprise considering the location.

The receptionist was very friendly and incredibly happy which for a generally grumpy person like myself made me think I needed to double lock my door in case this happiness was a facade to a dark secret.

The room was modern and quirky as you'd expect from a 'boutique' hotel. The bed was big and comfortable, there was a small sofa and a nice bathroom.

I have 2 issues which stopped me giving the hotel 5*.

1) Cheap coffee sachets in the room and those pots of UHT milk that have a layer of fat on the top.
2) The size of the ironing board

I'm not a very organised person and therefore normally need to iron something when I stay in a hotel. I was pleased there was both an iron and board in the room but when I got the board out, I realised it was one of those table top things from Ikea made out of MDF.

It resembled a child's surf board and I challenge anyone to iron anything other than a pair of socks on one.

Overall however we had a great stay. The breakfast was great. Strong coffee, good ingredients, cooked well and eaten in a pub. What could be better?

To summarise, if you don't need to iron anything and don't mind UHT milk, stay at this hotel.

To Abel Heywood.....fresh milk, decent coffee in the room and a bigger ironing board please.

I'll be coming back to check

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy J
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with my grandson. I the room was modern and of high quality and facilities were outstanding. Food delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful, my grandson became ill, and the cleaners were so very caring and helpful as was the manager who helped me get him to a medical centre. I would definitely recommend and stay here again. Thank you to all who helped and I have never seen such friendly staff as here.

Date of stay: August 2016