“Love it!”

Miller & Carter
Ranked #85 of 2,533 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$12 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beef is a labour of love here at Miller & Carter steakhouses. We put everything into pursuing the perfect steak, from the field to the butcher's block to the grill, so only the finest, most flavoursome cuts make your plate. The best of British beef Our premium-graded beef is sourced from carefully selected cattle reared on sustainable British farms. It's then matured for at least 28 days, hand-prepared by our master butcher and expertly cooked by our chef.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

This was my 2nd visit here and I loved it again! Me & my boyfriend had the cheesy garlic bread for starter and it was delicious! We both had the 8oz Sirloin Steak (i had mine medium) and it was cooked to perfection. I love the onion loaf you get as a side with it. Cocktails and service are great and everything is reasonably priced. It was my boyfriends first visit and he loved it. No doubt I will be back again. Fab!

1  Thank Liv2598
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hi Liv2598, We're so pleased you enjoyed your experience at Miller and Carter Manchester. It's great to hear that your expectations were met and you enjoyed the food and drinks. We're so thrilled! We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We came here for a late lunch and were able to enjoy the lunchtime menu of two courses for £10.95. My starter of calamari was sublime and my husband's chicken wings went down very well. He really enjoyed his burger for his main and my sea bass was delicious. We even had pudding as the prices were so reasonable. We'll definitely be back! Lovely, friendly staff too and, even better, no ' discretionary gratuity ' added to the bill which I absolutely hate.

1  Thank ebclarkey

Hi ebclarkey, We're so pleased you enjoyed your experience at Miller and Carter Manchester. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I'm always wary of eating out in Christmas party season, in so many places the quality of the food drops due to sheer demand and people wanting set menu prices.

I'm happy to say that this did not apply to Miller and Carter. The restaurant was very busy with couples and also groups, the service was as attentive as during my previous lunchtime visit and the food excellent. My partner had the t-bone steak and classed as the best steak he has ever eaten.

I'm looking forward to booking for Valentine's day and sampling the special menus,.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Anne A, We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Miller and Carter Manchester. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We went here for a working lunch and were disappointed with the food. The staff didn't know where the beef came from and it's all very vague. "British farms"... well maybe but probably the same as McDonald's use.

We'd like to thank you for your feedback. We will share your comments and concerns with all of the team members.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Visited yesterday with my husband
We ordered steak and a burger
40 minutes after ordering the girl apologized for our wait “we have no burger baps so someone has run out to get some”
When the food eventually arrived my husbands steak was shocking - I think he managed 3 mouthfuls of meat the rest was fat and bone (£27.95)
We had also ordered a side of lobster and prawn tempura - there was 1 piece of lobster and the whole dish was greasy !

We complained - we were so disappointed we had just wanted to enjoy a nice lunch - but it was dreadful

The chef really needs lessons - you just wouldn’t have sent that steak out to a customer !!!

The girl knocked the cost of the steak off the bill - I said I thought that was the least she could do and that I didn’t think we should be paying for any of the food

She went and spoke to someone and came back with a revised bill - just charging us for the drinks
She apologized - but sadly it was such a disappointment I doubt we will visit again

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Andrea T, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience aroud. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care. experience around.