“continued:our stay was really this bad!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citi Park Hotel

Citi Park Hotel
Ranked #103 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
england
“continued:our stay was really this bad!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

Moving on, we could not open the bathroom door without moving our bed, so we decided to move the bed over, behind the bed was filthy, tab ends,rubbish, hair, dust, disgusting!!!!
but at least we could use the bathroom.
The bathroom door was almost see through and so close to the bed, not ideal when this was me and my new partners first over night trip together.
Bathroom was small but modern, and cleaner than the bedroom.
Overall our stay here was comical, we would never ever stay again, i would rather sleep in the car!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rugratengland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

Firstly we arrived at the Citi Mansions, which looked like a shelter for the homeless or drug addicted. Where we were told that this was not where our room was - they forwarded us onto the Citi Park Hotel further down the road, the girl told us it was 'better', I feel her standards are extremely low!
So...on arrival, there was no parking and it looked like a guest house, imagine our suprise having booked a citi Mansion via the internet with very attractive photos! It was a stained mattress short of a knocking shop. The receptionist (if you can call her that) was the most unhelpful, arrogant and as we were not supplied with a translation dictionary, we had no hope of understanding her!
We booked this one night stay via booking.com, a 25% deposit charge was taken. Both the hotel and booking.com denied any knowledge of this and we were therefore forced to pay the full price. This was difficult as we were curtly told that the card machine was not working, and given a look that said 'what are you going to do about it!!'
So having been half way around manchester to find this place, we were given our key - this is the smallest hotel room I have ever seen, the bed was barely a double!! Also the bathroom was not big enough to swing a cat, and had a large viewing panel in the door - now me and my boyfriend are close, but this does not mean that I want to see him aproud the toilet seat!!
We agree with some previous comments, in that there was constant running water noise which kept us awake.
As you can imagine after this awful night we woke early to checkout. Having gathered all our belongings we walked down the stairs only to be barricaded and demanded by a large african man to 'seckle de bil' - I had to look at my boyfriend to translate! This hotel does not know the meaning of customer service, and quite frankly I was intimidated.

Add to this the tobbaco paraphinailea that we found in the top draw - I would only recommend this hotel if your only other option is a cardboard box, or the first offered Citi Mansions

As you can tell we will not be staying here again, and are lucky to have escaped with all organs still on our person.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ManandWoman1

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

Where do you start. I took a punt on this place. It was probably the only hotel i booked with shocking reviews. I should have taken notice. The bedroom was no bigger than a normal sized bathroom. The bed itself was terrible. The toilet / shower area was filthy and old. The stairs leading up to the room are very dangerous to walk on. After a day out sightseeing, I thought I might at least be able to watch tv. Think again.... the reception is useless, meaning "no signal" pretty much all the time. Seriously, if this was the first hotel I stayed in on my holiday, i would have seriously considered going back to oz. ITS THAT BAD. The only half decent thing was the reception were helpful on request. This however does not outweigh the pathetic standard of this shocking hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mr_peterman
scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

Please avoid this hotel, otherwise you will be sorely disappointed. A group of us booked into a sister hotel of this one, called Citi Mansions. 2 days after we booked they called us to say that they didn't have rooms left, so they offered our group this one. Quickly checked out the description, location, veiwed the photographs and reluctantly agreed. The only thing accurate about the previous was the location!
Firstly the welcoming party - the check in staff and manager / owner were the rudiest hotel staff i have ever had the privilage to encounter. Grumpy, inconsiderate, just plain awful!
The rooms are very tired and did not appeared to be cleaned properly from the previous guests. There were body hairs on the bed sheets, not to mention what else may have been there!
The so called en suite rooms, only apply to a few of the rooms. One was out of use completely and the room I stayed in had no hot water. When this was reported to the manager, he couldn't have cared less and suggested me to use someone else's room which was down a flight of stairs and had to be shared with 4 other people.
When our group returned for the evening one of our group took a drink from the fridge (in fairness he probably shouldn't have) but the manager's/ owner's solution to this was to challenge him to a fight and tried to throw him out, if it had been for others being present this incident could have gone horribly wrong!
The only thing that I could say was adequate from a service perspective, was that they staff arranged taxis for us when requested.
You may find this hotel to be on the cheaper side, but to be honest, it's worth looking else where.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank gordy_MrH
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

This hotel was one of the worst I have ever been to, beginning with the fact that the hotel was basically a couple of terraced houses knocked together. The customer service was shocking - young assistant on duty, who we caught smoking pot right on the premises!
The entire decor was either out of place or ill-fitting. The entire building had a stail and damp smell about it - very apparent in every single bedroom and public area. Our bedroom was not serviced during the day, and no memeber of staff was available during the day to complain to! But - keep reading....

Looking past the fact that our room was in very poor order, water damage on ceiling, no window shades or blinds - we were awakened at 5 A.M. by sunlight, we were still asked to pay the full amount: outrageous 89 pounds!!!
We thought that at least to make up for the worst stay ever, we would be thrown in a breakfast or anything. But no! No, no! They charged us for it and it was absolutely disgusting anyway. Generic bread and coffee, milk - off, juice just watered down.

Do not be mislead by the nice pictures they've cropped for the websites (I had a look on laterooms, booking.com too). It's not in the park! No, it's right on the main road and a very busy one, too. Extremely noisy! There's "parking", too (I'm surprised they don't charge for it) - just an empty piece of land behind the building - no lights, nothing. Some local kids boozing around. Scary place!

Some very suspiciously looking people looking rather like locals than guests were constantly popping in and out, too. It all made my fiance very uncomfortable as she overheard few of them making rather inappropriate comments.

All in all, I love Manchester - been there many many times but after staying at Citi Park, I will think again before I book to another hotel there! Only if you want to be abused, pay for nothing, lose will to live and be poisoned at breakfast - only then you'll enjoy Citi Park Hotel in Manchester. THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

• Liked — Nothing at all. There was nothing to like
  • Disliked — The most horrible little place on Earth.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank AAndrew2008