“New, spacious,good.”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Ranked #55 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 16 October 2017

You would only stay here if you wanted to be near the airport, but this place achieved that objective in style! It is a fairly new building I assume and so it was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are very spacious and well equipped and the bar area in the lobby is functional and pleasant enough. There is heaps of parking so no need to reserve this and I'm sure if we hadn't told them we had a car we could have avoided a fairly hefty and unnecessary fee. Allow a bit of time if returning a hire car to the airport from here.

Room Tip: I imagine they all have the same views of some airport freight terminal! You don't stay here for...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Geoff W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Express Manchester Airport. I look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,
Sahil Khan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We only stayed here 1 night en route to an early morning flight to santorini, we arrived at Manchester Airport from Belfast and phoned the number given to us by hotel for transfer, we only had to wait ten mins and picked up by a taxi arranged by hotel (£6) normal hotel transfer was off on sunday , reasonable price I thought, about 10 min ride away, when we arrived dealt with very quickly at reception and proceeded to our room, it was what you expect for a holiday inn express room, clean, tidy and basic, the only negative was that the heater on the wall didn't work but as it wasn't to cold we didn't bother reporting it, the shower was great and hot and bed comfy, we decided to go next door to premiere inn for dinner as the dining room in the holiday inn looked more like a school canteen and not very appealing, the premiere inn was very busy but eventually got a table after about 20 min wait, and yes worth the wait, nice food and nice surrounds and well priced, the following morning we were up at 05.30 so no hot breakfast until after 6 but they did offer continental breakfast which was fine, we then got the hotel transfer back to the airport which again was £6, book at reception night before, all in all not a bad stay and very handy to the airport but next time probably stay in the premiere inn next door !!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Geoff W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Guest

I would like to thank for your recent review regarding your stay with us. All of your feedback will hotel to improve its services it provide to all of our future guests. I will make sure to pass your comments to all of my staff.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I must say I was happily surprised by the Holiday inn Express, I'm a Premier Inn girl myself as I know what I'm getting with them. The room was big and nicely decorated with a huge bathroom, but more importantly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

The restaurant does lovely food which is not bad priced considering this is an airport hotel I'll definitely be staying here again for an overnight stay before heading off on my holidays.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Check in was average. I was under the impression that the parking was free on Site but I was misinformed, it is £8.50 per night which is fine. Asked the girl on reception about the parking and where I had seen this info, she took ages looking it up on the computer and then begun to allocate us rooms and then quoted the price which included the parking for overnight. To which I told her that I assume the parking insnt free then as I was under the impression that she was looking into it. Little bit of communication and smoother check in would of been an improvement. We decided to eat in the restaurant. Food was acceptable, service was a joke. We walked in and one of the waiters told us to sit anywhere, so we say down. We were waiting for a while to be seen to but No one came, so we went and asked how to order to which we found that you order at the front and pay at the same time. They asked for the table number when placing my order there was no table number on the table but on the wooden box on the table is dark lettering- not very obvious. Little bit more instruction when entering the restaurant as to how to order would of been great. The beds on first look seemed really soft but I slept fine. The bathrooms are amazing all newly kitted out I think. The shower was fab. No noise from airport or from other guests. Lovely touch from hotel if you forget anything such as toothbrush toothpaste, hair brush etc the hotel offers them to you with their compliments- a touch I wouldn't expect from a 3 star and one which I had to use when I forgot my hairbrush at 4am in the morning a lovely night porter brought one to the room. This is the reason this hotel is getting the extra score from me otherwise they would be getting one less point. The main improvement to this hotel should be communication. Probably wouldn't chose to stay again as I prefer a higher standard of customer service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I will make sure to pass all your comments to all of my staff and management.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in September before a flight, we travelled down from Scotland on the Friday night and stayed here, was really lovely from check in staff were so helpful, we booked two rooms and they made sure these were together, rooms were spacious and comfortable, breakfast was included in the morning there was loads to choose from, we would stay here before a flight again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Geoff W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review regarding your stay with us. It was really pleasing to know that staff were helpful and you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to pass all of your comments to all of my staff and management.