“Excellent budget accomodation”

Hatters Hilton Chambers
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent budget accomodation”
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

This place is a must if your on a budget. Perfectly situated for rail links and nightlife. I have stayed in much worse places than this at 4 times the price.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed in a single room which was basic but very clean and cosy. There was an unspecified stain on the couch but it didn't bite. My only complaint with the room was the duvet which was a little worn out, and I was initially very unhappy with it. However I slept like a log so it was obviously sufficient!
The location was not absolutely ideal for me in the end. It's well situated in a very trendy part of town, and convenient for all amenities, transport etc. however I was attending a conference at the Uni so needed a taxi home after the pub a few nights as I didn't think it wise to walk that full distance alone. NOTE this is not because of the area surrounding the hostel. It's alternative, but I felt safe.
There was hot water at most times. But not Sunday morning at 1030am (lukewarm) for obvious reasons. There's an endless supply of free bread and access to kitchen, the staff are warm and welcoming, and the overall vibe is great. I needed earplugs one night: they were £1 from reception. Once in I slept like a log. Would recommend for basic but clean budget accommodation.

• Stayed April 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Has now been taken over by the same people who run the Hatter's chain in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.

We had a double room with own bathroom, and it was completely lovely. Bathroom was great, room clean and spacious. Room was on 3rd floor so a bit of noise with the windows open, but not too bad.

We had access to a private kitchenette on the same corridor which was lovely - unlimited tea and toast in a clean kitchen.

Would highly recommend and will use again, at £70 a night in very central Manchester.

Room Tip: Pick a private/smaller room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This i place is good property. It is clean and friendly. They are in the city centre and is very cheap as the prices are low. There are many people who use this for un expensive living. The beds are clean. Kitchen is all time open and breakfast is included. Feels homely.
But their night bar crawlers trip is a little tricky. So ask for terms and conditions before taking that 10 pound ticket.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
King's Lynn, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

about my stay at the Hilton Chambers in Manchester.

I stayed from the 21st till 23rd october and this was the worst Hotel/Hostel EVER!!

Soon as i walked in to check in there was an issue - My resevation was not down on the system,then the staff found it and told me i had to pay up front,when i booked i was told i pay day of leaving the staff had no idea what they was doing.Hardly knew what one member of staff said to another.

I get to my room to find it a mess! if there was a hoover i would of done the hoovering myself!The sinks were filthy. The soap holder was broken and empty!

We was in a private room with our own kitchen facility but the lock number was wrong the member of staff didt even know we had our own kitchen! When we finally got into the kitchette i was appouled! There was Bleach open where the cerel was! the bread was mouldy!

Then i went to have a bath! There was no HOT water and the Taps didt even work on the bath! I went to complain and the member of staff told me the manager will contact me the day after or i can go down saturday at 9am. I went saturday to speak to the manager who was still not there! a female member of staff told me she would get the manager to call me! needless to say he never did and im still waiting.

I go back to my room to find someone had been in my room without consenting me!

There was a £10 fee to even watch tv!! £10 for hair dryer,£10 for a kettle.

There was no soap or bath wash in the room. the beds where made totally wrong,there was dirt on the sheets.

There was cleaning products over the floor on the hallways! and i am on crutches this is a serious health hazard.
The hostel was/is terrible and i shall never be coming back staff are very rude and not helpful!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Mahala C

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels