4,949 results
All reviews the executive lounge cloud bar podium restaurant floor to ceiling windows cocktail bar afternoon tea high floor birthday treat standard room city centre modern hotel saturday night full english following morning stayed for one night clouds cloud23
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

One of the better quality Hilton hotels with good helpful staff, well equipped rooms, nice restaurant and a fantastic bar in the 23rd floor. The room I stayed in was on the 16th floor and was an executive plus, so had a power shower and spa bath along with great views across Manchester. Although the furniture was a little battered, I think it had been used in another Hilton previously. Restaurant serves lovely food although was maybe a little too fancy for me and a little expensive when you consider portion size, although I filled up in free snacks from the executive lounge.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear sparko100

Thank you very much for your review of Hilton Manchester Deansgate on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate it.

Thank you most sincerely for staying with us when you visited Manchester. I am pleased that you enjoyed most things about your stay.

The entire team were delighted to look after you and I am really pleased that you encountered a friendly service; I have certainly shared your feedback with them.

Thank you for your feedback relating to the case goods in our guests rooms. I can confirm that they have not been previously used in another Hilton Hotel and l take your comments on board for when we plan a bedroom refurbishment.

We hope that you choose to return to stay with us when you visit Manchester in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We booked to stay at this hotel and the lead up was nothing but problematic. The amount of time and energy needed to change the booking by one day through the reservations team and Honors team was ridiculous. However, as soon as I spoke to the hotel team personally the experience was nothing short of excellent.

My booking was saved by a member of the management team at Deansgate, Phil. He ensured the booking was amended, even honouring the existing room rate despite a lack of availability. On arrival we were treated to Prosecco and complimentary fruit to wish us a happy anniversary.

Phil and his team deserve a lot of credit for turning a difficult situation into one where we would strongly recommend this hotel. Such a pity the hotel team don't get the support they deserve from the support services.

Strongly recommend you upgrade to a room on a higher floor and definitely take in Cloud 23 for cocktails or afternoon tea.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank c_millar1

Dear c_millar1

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

We are delighted that you had a great time and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that your celebrations were recognised.

I do hope that you accept our apologise for the less than perfect service you received prior to your arrival with us, however I am delighted to read that Phil and the entire team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate were able to ensure your satisfaction during your time with us.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Stayed here for a conference and it's a very nice hotel with friendly helpful staff and good facilities. Rooms were spacious, clean and tidy. Breakfast buffet was really nice with a good selection of cooked items for a full english and cakes, pastries, toast, juices etc. Was a bit underwhelmed by Cloud 21. A lot is made of it's exclusivity (the one lift up direct to the floor) and cocktails but they are basically average and overpriced. The staff are a bit stuffy up there and to be honest found it incredibly contrived apart from a half decent view. Overall it was a nice stay. Fair warning that the drinks and dinners are ridiculously overpriced (~£15 for a cocktail, £5.50 for a beer and £26 for an average bottle of wine). If you're having a celebration do yourself a favour and take your own or go to one of the surrounding bars/restaurants of which there are plenty. Or take out a small mortgage before you go.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear nsks4

Thank you very much for offering your review of Hilton Manchester Deansgate on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate it.

We thank you most sincerely for staying with us when you visited Manchester on business; I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities.

We appreciate you taking the time to visit Cloud 23 during your time with us. I note your comment and can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city. We continuously monitor prices in the city.

Thank you for your kind feedback relating to the majority of our team members, in that you received a friendly and helpful service; I have certainly shared your feedback with them. I also share your comment with the team in Cloud 23 as this is certainly not the norm.

We hope that you choose to return to stay with us when in Manchester on business or on leisure.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I had the unfortunate experience to be trapped here on a training course recently. I arrived at 4.30pm on a Sunday; the room I'd chosen wasn't ready. I was given drinks vouchers by an apologetic receptionist, and asked to wait in the bar.

An hour later, the receptionist came over and said they had an equivalent room, different floor - no problem. Take the keys, off we go.

Get to the room, keys don't work. Return to reception. Get new keys. Back to room. Keys don't work. Return to reception. Get new keys. Back to room - with concierge. Keys don't work.....Concierge lets me in and goes to get new keys. New keys don't work. Eventually Terry, bless him - changes the batteries in the door lock. Keys work! It's now 8pm!

In between all this they also sorted out some housekeeping issues - I'd say they are trying to turn the rooms around too fast, and missing the small details - stains, false eyelashes etc.

Dinner in the Podium restaurant - very open plan, with views across reception. Limited menu, some steaks, but no burgers. Mushroom ravioli - remember this.

Training in the conference rooms - good venue, plenty of coffee, minimal snacks. Lunch was a buffet option in the Podium - every day there was salad leaves, but no protein. And yesterdays pasta option, served cold.

I had access to the exec lounge, which has incredible views, but then let down - only open until 8pm, limited selection of canapes that didn't change from day to day, and not replenished very often.

Not a bad hotel, staff are very helpful, rooms could do with decorating and furniture updating.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Anionfan

Thank you for your review of Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I was disappointed that you were unable to check in at 16:30. Unfortunately on occasions Housekeeping find themselves under pressure to service all of the rooms in preparation for check in and I do hope that you accept my apology.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered an inconsistency with your key cards during your stay. Unfortunately, at times the batteries in our guest bedroom doors do require changing. This is something that we cannot pre-empt. I can only apologise for the obvious inconvenience caused, however this is out of our control and I am pleased that remedial action was taken.

Thank you for dining with us during your stay, however; I am disappointed to read that you were not 100% satisfied with our offerings. I have shared your feedback with the relevant teams within the hotel to ensure that all of our guests receive a positive dining experience throughout the hotel.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future to experience a more positive business or leisure stay.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed in an executive Double on the 23rd floor fantastic views over the city room very spacious modern and comfortable had access to executive lounge with free canapés and drinks from 6pm a nice touch booked in cloud 23 lounge fantastic bar that I have visited before staff and service good would recommend

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear sayers17

Thank you for staying with us whilst in the city recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I am pleased that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed your time in Cloud 23. I hope you enjoy the great cocktails that our skilled team create for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review on Trip Aadvisor and for recommending us. We hope that we do have the opportunity and pleasure of welcoming you back soon.