“Excellent location and restaurant”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights as I was in Manchester for work. The hotel is in a fantastic location as it is about a 10 minute walk from the Deansgate/Castlefield tram stop and about a 20 minute walk to the centre of the city. The only downside about the location was the busy motorway next to it - I was lucky enough to have a room which faced on to the car park and so, the noise was minimal but I can understand how having a room on the side nearest this busy road would have some issues! I would recommend requesting a room facing the car park to avoid this! The room itself was nice and clean, and the whole place felt quite new. The beds were very comfortable, the en-suite was clean and had plenty of hot water, and there was plenty of space as well for luggage and belongings. Breakfast and dinner were included in the room rate and both were surprisingly good. I'm a vegetarian and therefore I was worried that there might not be many things for me on the menu but I was able to have something different each night and thoroughly enjoyed each meal. For breakfast, I was also able to order a vegetarian sausage which was ideal. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again if or when I return to Manchester.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Excellent staff, free city centre bus at doorstep, great value. Cons, no air conditioning, can be stiffling, open windows noise from expressway.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We paid £29, booked 5 weeks in advance, for 1 night. We were allocated a room overlooking the Mancunian Way and the noise was horrendous. We then moved to another room but it wasn't much better. We were told that they didn't have any "inside rooms" left just one facing another very busy road so we took it. However I do think that if you pay a "Saver price" you are allocated the worst rooms. Having said that, the beds and bed linen are soooo comfortable, the rooms are warm and the bathroom spotless. We didn't eat in the hotel but we had a drink in the bar and it was comfortable and relaxing. Also there are so many lovely restaurants in Manchester, why eat in a premier Inn? The walk into the city centre was only a 10 minute stroll. Also there was free parking. When we checked out the next day we asked if we could leave our car in the car park so we could go sightseeing for the day and this was fine. All in all, a good stay but the traffic was relentless. However the comfy beds and free parking made up for the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for an " Inside room"
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Lot of money for budget hotel. Beware of noise from residents in rooms above, we were woken up very early on both mornings from constant walking about upstairs, not good.

• Stayed: February 2012
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Very clean,comfortable and all staff were great. Breakfast was outstanding....

Room Tip: Get a room on the car park side, it's quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Manchester hotels
0.7 km away
0.8 km away
ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
0.8 km away
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street

Been to Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel? Share your experiences!