“Absolutely Terrible!”
Review of V Rev Vegan Diner

V Rev Vegan Diner
Ranked #292 of 2,528 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I was so looking forward to coming here as I haven’t been before, we arrived around 4:30pm and was told that because we hadn’t made a reservation that we couldn’t be seated until 7:30pm but they could sit us in the window, we didn’t have time to wait so we decided to have the window seats... I was so excited that I had already planned what I was going to have beforehand so we ordered straight away.. I had the Barbecute with out the E and loaded fries and my sister had the chicken burger.. we waited around half an hour for our food to arrive even though the place had around three tables in so it was not very busy at all. When the food arrived it was absolutely freezing! The burger was cold to touch and the fries were cold too! We didn’t have time to send them back but honestly they had just come out of the kitchen...I definitely won’t be going back and I am so disappointed as my expectations were really high.

1  Thank Stevieleigh76

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Having only recently become vegan, I found a real craving for junk food. The food on offer was brilliant, and my non vegan friends were not at all disapointed!
I also have an allergy to onion, which often makes eating out difficult, but V REV were very accommodating, and even made me a custom onion free burger as that was what I was really craving.
The service and atmosphere was lovely, only comment would be if you are sat near the door it can get a little drafty, as there are so many people coming in!

2  Thank hrp8
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We were really excited to visit as vegans but didn’t enjoy any of it.

When we were seated it took a while for someone to come over and take our order. I had to go up to the bar, no one turned to see if I needed assistance, behind the bar about 5 girls chatted and basically ignored me. So I asked another member of staff who in the end served us, she was friendly and nice. She seemed to be doing all the work while everyone else stood behind the bar.

I had the whopper ‘beef’ burger with plain chips while my partner had the southern fried ‘chicken’ burger with loaded fries with some small plate ‘chicken wings’.
The beef burger had no taste, all I could taste was the sauce and lettuce, and not as warm as I would have liked.
The chicken burger was warmer but still no taste. Chips are fine.

The chicken wings were also tasteless and had the same texture as moulded fat. Not great at all. The sauce that was smothered all over them was the only taste I had throughout the whole meal.

Overall, incredibly sickly, terrible service, tasteless. Wouldn’t ever go again or recommend it, there’s better places to go.

7  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Nice little place, set out in American diner style decor. Busy with plenty of customers wanting their junk food fix. Everything is Vegan - yay! Choice of burgers both beefy and chkn, mac & cheez, loaded fries, sandwiches, salads and amazing shakes. Nice atmosphere, if a little noisy. Loved the loaded fries, and the shakes are delicious. Definitely a place to visit again.

2  Thank Toni F
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff and fantastic food. We both had a burger and fries, and a portion of the mac and 'cheese' bites which were delicious. My non-vegan other half really enjoyed it too. They have a good range of drinks including vegan beers and wines.

2  Thank SJW8016