“Excellent way of spending a couple of hours”
Review of Etihad Stadium

Etihad Stadium
Ranked #8 of 199 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and visit the home of the Manchester City Football Club and explore the heritage through the unique memorabilia and interactive displays, reliving the greatest moments and discovering what makes City the Club that it is today. Take in the view of the Etihad from the Tunnel Club seating area and visit one of the Club's superb hospitality areas. Take your seat in the press room, sit behind the press desk and through your own eyes, experience the feelings and emotions Pep Guardiola and the first team players feel when conducting a press conference. Get warmed up in the players warm up room and then venture into the inner sanctum of the dressing room. Sit in your favourite player’s seat before heading to tunnel. Stand in the tunnel and experience the roar of 55,000 supporters, then walk pitch side and take in the panoramic view of the Etihad Stadium. Sit in Pep Guardiola’s seat in the dugout and feel the big match excitement.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I took two grandchildren,visiting from Australia, on the tour of the ground and the Academy. I toured the ground before the Academy complex was completed about 4 years ago and it was a surprise how much had changed in those 4 years.

I'd advise anyone going to make sure they pick a tour which visits the Academy.

The children aged 13 and 11 really enjoyed their first visit to City's ground. I have a season ticket, but it's nice to look behind the scenes.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,872)
All reviews
in 162 reviews
"stone roses"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

So where the real money is made. Great insight to one will soon be one of the biggest clubs in the world - if it isn't already holding that title.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the city v Tottenham game not too sure what to expect as I support neither team but my eldest as a Spurs supporter asked me to go with him. I have to say I was very impressed with the stadium and its facilities. Parking locally is fine, plenty of options with only a short walk. Do not do what I did and try and use the team coach entrance as I ended up blocking off the City coach, although Spurs could have used some of that during the game. The away entrance is well segregated and policed or stewarded with good humour. The serving points inside where well staffed with cheery people and we didn’t really have to queue. It’s a very impressive stadium inside and out with a good closeness to the pitch in the lower tier. A good experience and enjoyed the game even though my lad didn’t as Spurs were dominated by a far superior City team. But for me watching City in the flesh was awesome, TV really does not give that team the full credit they deserve as you obviously see so much more when it’s live. Anyway, it’s not a football review so I won’t go on. One word of advice for travelling fans - if you want a beer better to drink in Piccadilly and get a 10 min bus or taxi to the ground, or have A beer inside. I gather there is a pub nearby for visiting fans but it’s not so close unlike Anfield for example where it’s literally on the doorstep. But I guess that’s modern football stadia, built out of town and just away from long standing facilities. Anyway go and enjoy it.

1  Thank glenjohnstone2
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I took our great grandson today. As lifelong City fans we found it to be a very informative and rewarding experience. Martin our guide was very helpful. My wife has mobility problems but she was extremely well catered for . We would recommend this tour to anybody.