“Great burgers, perfect venue for fun private party”
Review of Almost Famous

Almost Famous
Ranked #236 of 2,533 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Hired the private room for a birthday party. How the server managed to get everyone's order & get it right with such a calm demeanour we will never know. We all enjoyed our burgers & it didn't break the bank.

Manager A, General Manager at Almost Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hey!

Thanks for the great review, make sure you book all your parties with us!

See you soon
Martin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,704)

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Terrible. Awful food, awful service. It used to be good but a lot has changed, wouldn’t dream of going there again

2  Thank Shay M

Hi Shay

Its such a shame you feel this way. As one of Manchester best and most established restaurants I presume quite a number of people would disagree with you. Each to their own I guess...

Thanks

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Been wanting to visit for a while to try the burgers as I heard the hype, we were seated quickly angled the staff were very friendly, on the table was a kitchen roll that had dried food on the top and the menu was covered in a dried orange looking sauce, this put me off, and I started looking around, noticed the deals on doors to the toilet were dirty, I like the style of the restaurant but just think it needs a really good clean, my husband and I had a cocktail each as they were half price but was full of ice and no taste of alcohol, also my burger which had buttermilk chicken on tasted as if it had been fried in very old oil, must say we had the cheesy bacon fries and some with pepperoni and sauce which were really good, im not overly fussy but i just think the place was a bit grubby, and I expected more from my burger.

Manager A, General Manager at Almost Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I can assure you that I take all feedback very seriously, whether good or bad.

Firstly, I would just like to state that as we are a very busy restaurant, a little bit of mess can sometimes be made, especially when our burgers are juicy af. Sauce does get spilt on tables and menus, it does get on our customers hands and yes ultimately it does get on the kitchen roll provided for you to clean yourselves up with. I'm sure you can understand that should we discard every kitchen roll that has a bit of sauce on and throw away we would be causing considerable amount of damage to the environment.
I'd like to stress at we have a very strict procedure for cleaning the unit on a daily basis, obviously this can be quite a task to keep on top of when we are very busy. I'm sorry that this mirror fault put you off.

Secondly, I would like to state that our oil is changed regularly and taste tests are done on all items of food, should we find a fault with any of our products we will remedy the problem. Had you made us aware that you found your food not to your satisfaction we would have done our utmost to make this right for you.

Thank you for the positive feedback on the fries, they are truly amazing!

Warm regards

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Been wanting to try the new Xmas burger here for weeks, went tonight it was amazing I had the one in the pic with a sausage roll and pig in blanket on top. We shared a pack of frazzles with chilli and cheese which are just amazing. My friend had the other Xmas burger with short Rib on it all in all the food was it's usual amazing standard. Definitely the best burgers in Manchester area if not uk! Nobody does it better

Manager A, General Manager at Almost Famous, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Hi Chris

Thanks for the great review, its a shame it's on the wrong AF page. Do us a favour and go stick one on the NQ's so they don't feel left out.

Have a good Crimbo!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Given we went to the wrong Almost Famous and ended up being super late for our booking, it was nice of them to keep our table for us.

The restaurant was pretty cool and the staff on the ball.

Having eaten many burgers I can say with confidence this is one of the good ones, but it was their Phoenix Fries that were the star of the show for me.

There'll be cheaper alternatives available for people, but if your taste buds are after a different meaty treat, this is the place to go!

Yes Martin!

Thanks for the banging review. Make sure you come back soon.

Merry Christmas!!