“Authentic Chinese Food ( Not for the faint hearted)”

BBQ Handmade Noodles King
Ranked #1,814 of 2,561 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The fact that everyone eating in this restaurant, with the exception of the four of us,was Chinese, tells a story in itself.
This place specialises in authentic Chinese food. Intestine, heart, Bull frog, to name but a few of the dishes to be had. I had the pork intestine stew and absolutely loved it.
There is an English menu to choose from, but that seemed wrong in this place.
As I said in the title, not for the faint hearted, but well worth a try

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I have been to the place a couple of times.
I had dinner there and I always went for hotpot. I have always been a hotpot fan when I was in Hong Kong and the hotpot food here is close to home, yet the service drags the overall experience down.

The hotpot soup is highly recommended. If you accept lamb flavor, order the lamb spine soup base - my favorite. The food range was acceptable, however the quantity for certain things, e.g. fish balls/meat balls was too small. In the busy hours (night time), some food order was missing.

One of the highlights would be the BBQ meat. We could pick the maximum of 3 items on the menu. The serving time could be a bit longer sometimes.

The negative part of the experience was the service, especially during busy hours (night time). One waitress was impolite and used 'ordering' tone to tell us to leave as they were closing. The next time when I had lunch there, the situation was much better. Some other waiters/waitresses were polite and friendly yet the quality of service was in average dis-satisfactory.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017

My friends went on a trip to Chinatown for a good Chinese meal . We were so regret choosing this place for dinner. The waitress at the bar was very rude and speak no English at all .When we told her that one of our friends were allergic to cumin, she didn't understand us at all and paid no attention to this issue even after some customer helped us interpret and explain this to her. The beef skewers we ordered were filled with cumin and they refused to give us a refund .The Dishes we ordered were either too salty ,or too bland. Customers were asked to go to the bar to pay for the bill, no matter you paying cash or by card. Will never come here again .

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

My wife & I went here end if Jan 17. We waited in the queue for a table. The woman on the desk ignored us and went to the 3 Chinese people waiting behind us. After that we were escorted to a table and just ignored. 15 minutes later nobody had even acknowledged us. So... we got up and walked out! I'm not sure they even noticed. I wouldn't mind betting they think we're still sat there now.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Alright. I know full well that people in the restaurant business work hard, and EVERY business needs a good review, right? Sorry...not this time. Went with my mum to this establishment. It was actually busy, yes. But I don't know if it was our waitress who was just having a bad night or what. My mums order came, no problem. Mine was forgotten!! My mum had finished what she had ate, but where was mine!? The waitress apologised and my meal eventually came. Language barrier, or just a bad day? Who knows. I am not going back. Ever.

Date of visit: June 2016