“RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!!!!”

BBQ Handmade Noodles King
Ranked #1,815 of 2,568 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 March 2016

I have been here twice with my husband, both times we were given bad attitude by the lady owner. The lamb skewers were okay, tasted good the first time. The second time we had the lamb skewers, we had it for take out. ABSOLUTELY GOBSMACKED!!!!! We ordered 2 lamb skewers and 1 beef skewer...we were given one large container with 6 random blobs of meat. WE HAD NO IDEA WHICH ONES WERE BEEF AND WHICH ONES WERE LAMB!?!?!?!?!?! THERE WAS EVEN A FLOOD OF OIL AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CONTAINER! Nevermind a thank you, the lady owner didnt even bother looking at me when i was ordering and talking to her. RUDEEEE!! Safe to say im never going back to this place again. Not worth the money or my time at all, when all i get is being treated like nothing.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

If you are Chinese, you'll love the hot pot here for their various choices of base soup and nice cooker which can heat the pot quick enough. BBQ which included in the hotpot buffet are basically very typical Chinese street food. The environment of restaurant is so so, staffs could be impatient sometimes. But I would go there again for the hotpot. 锅底选择很多,连兔肉锅都有,我当时点的羊蝎子鸳鸯锅,一锅底的羊蝎子,两个人根本吃不完。电子炉没有预设温度限制,所以火很足,锅也非常大,吃的很爽 。烧烤基本就是国内大排档的类型,但是不推荐点蔬菜因为油很多。总体而言吃的很痛快。

Reviewed 7 February 2016

... or as Scottie would have probably said - "it's food, Jim but not as we know it".

So, it was Chinese New Year and we fancied crispy shredded duck and pancakes. This has to be one of the most simple meals to find in a Chinese restaurant. It was a busy night so we went to the place without a queue figuring that no Chinese chef can get duck wrong.

We were a group of four and were seated fast. Drinks (three beers and a bottle of wine) were served fast enough and the waiting staff were affable enough. We chose the £15.50 a head banquet which came with soup, starters, crispy duck and a selection of main dishes. Every single dish was inedible (and I will usually eat anything).

The soup was a grey gloopy affair with a taste that none of us could quite put our finger on. It had various bits of unidentifiable meat in it and a strange peppery taste. It looked like thickened washing up water after you've washed the pots from Sunday lunch in it.

The starters were overcooked and rubbery prawn toasts and spring rolls. The duck was shredded out of our sight and not, as is usual, at the table. It may have once been a duck but was tasteless and rubbery. The plum sauce was brown but not sweet like it should be and for the first time ever, we didn't finish it up.

The mains were another odd selection that looked OK but tasted rank. The meat in the sweet and sour looked like it had died of old age a few weeks before and had been deep fried, stored in a fridge and then covered in orange sauce. The king prawns and peanuts had no fish taste at all and I was by now worried that if I ate them, I would make their acquaintance again later in the evening so I left them. The fried rice was pedestrian. The only dish that was anything like what I have previously eaten at any Chinese was the beef in oyster sauce. It truly was the worst meal I have eaten out at a restaurant of any description in many a long year. It's hard to understand how they could have been so bad.

The cost? A breathtaking £90.00. I left feeling like I had stepped into another dimension.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

We only ended up here as Chinatown was very busy and this restaurant had a few empty tables. Our waitress was a little confused over the set menu's but very pleasant. We were served with a soup which contained a greyish meat and tasted very bland, there was an intense peppery taste to this which was the only flavour present. Our crispy duck was presented on a cold plate, a cold draft was constant where we were seated and even the hoisin sauce tasted odd. The king prawn dish tasted odd, the rice was unremarkable, lemon chicken had an intense artificial flavour, beef and ginger was ok but the large lumps of raw ginger were unpleasant, nearly forgot, the dim sum was a joke! Inedible prawn toast that was like cardboard with sesame seeds stuck onto it it and the rest just nondescript awfulness and that is being polite! We then paid £86 for four Including drinks wishing we had left earlier....truly awful.

1  Thank ManofMoss
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Decoration = Vile
Food = Vile
Service = OK-ish
will not go again!
Gloopy horrible sauce! Flat lemo!
Cheap and nasty!