“Delightful deli”

Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on a sunny morning for a cappuccino outside. Delightful coffee shop in the heart of the town centre. Wish I'd been needing to shop too as the deli looked superb. Just a coffee stop this time. I'll be back though.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We went for a Saturday afternoon late lunch. It wasn't busy when we went in but still the service left a whole lot to be desired. The food wasn't great. Fairly decent starter although at £17.95 it was overpriced for what it was. The pasta was tasteless. With my eyes shut I'd have had no idea what I was eating. The service was just so slow. Ages to take our order and ages to clear our plates after each course. There were 4 waiters on. One of them was running about like mad and did the bulk of the work but the others were wandering about as if they were on a Sunday stroll. No notice taken of empty plates or glasses on the table, no enquiries about how our meal was or whether we wanted more drinks. We had to ask twice for our coffee because the waiter didn't bother to bring them when we ordered them the first time. To be fair, we did eventually get them and we weren't charged for them. All in all, not a great experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

A wonderful evening and the sharing meat and cheese platter was the perfect way to start our meal. Long over due catch up with friends which was made even more enjoyable by the delightful food and service. We were not made to feel rushed and given plenty of time to make our choices, given we were talking a little too much beforehand! Well worth a visit and we will definitely be returning, especially after finishing by sharing your fantastic cannoli xx

Reviewed 21 June 2016

We went here for a friends birthday, there were seven of us.

They made us wait for 20 minutes before seating us at our table. The bar is very small and we struggled to fit in it whilst we waited.

After being seated staff didn't tell us that a large part of the menu was off that night. So, when it came to ordering we had to quickly change our minds.

I ordered a mixed platter of salami to start and a clam pasta dish. Our starters came at different times. Some of my friends ordered a dish that traditionally contains Balsamic vinegar but this didn't come with the dishes, we had to ask the waiter.

For my main I ordered a clam pasta dish. My clams were actually cockles and the dish was very dry. Half of my cockles shells were empty.

No Parmesan cheese was offered to the table for the others who ordered pasta dishes and we had to ask again for this.

Overall I would say that the meals were about 60% overpriced for what you get. The service was slow and inconsiderate and I won't be dining here again.

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Visited with my daughter and husband, my daughter had been before and had said how good it was. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent and very helpful. The pizzas were amazing , very tasty and large. I had the salvias pizza. My husband had pasta and like wise wasn't disappointed. I have visited a few restaurants in Manchester and I say this one of the best.