1,890 results
All reviews portland street central location q park comfortable bed main road shower room would stay again short stay gay village palace theatre one night stay car park night's sleep piccadilly station noise earplugs kettle
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Having previously stayed in 2 ‘New Ibis Rooms’ in other cities I expected more from this hotel. This room was old - it smelt musty and old, the bathroom floor felt squishy like water was leaking underneath, the bathroom light would flicker when I turned it on and the whole room just felt damp. The room really needs updating.

On a positive note the bed was comfy and the WiFi worked well. The hotel’s location is pretty good - it’s close to Chinatown, and just a short walk from the town hall which makes it easy to find.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
IbisManchester3142, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is important to ensure we are providing the best service possible. I was surprised by your comments regarding the need for room updating. All our rooms have recently been renovated but we are looking into these issues mentioned and I apologise for the inconveniences these may have caused. I am delighted that you liked our central location. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back for future stays and thank you for your invaluable feedback.

Best Wishes,
Dorathy Onye
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a working trip. On arrival our room wasn't great. Big white stain on the carpet and a strange odour.
We went back to reception and told them and without any problem they moved us to another room. The staff told us that the stain was probably paint from the recent refurb. Sadly there were more stains on the carpet in the second room. But this room smelt better.
You cannot say that the rooms aren't clean because they certainly were. The pod bathroom is hilarious. Our shower head didn't change colour though!?!
Evening meal was excellent. Really good quality food. Good choice of wines too.
Breakfast was superb. Really good choice of hot or cold. Buffet was replenished frequently.
Really well done and special thanks to Ilia, Sebastian and Ru. You all looked after my friend and I really well. Great cocktails & wine!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
IbisManchester3142, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Heidi,

We are very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I am pleased that our staff were really friendly. I am very sorry about the stains and the inconveniences they may have caused. Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding the good quality evening meal, nice choices of wines and superb breakfast that was replenished frequently. It is brilliant to hear that staff were really friendly and helpful. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we aim to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Manchester and thank you again for sharing your Ibis experience.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is quite a cool, trendy and efficient budget hotel. Reception area is fine, nice bar and engaging staff. The rooms look great when you get in them, but a few frustrations which didn’t allow me to give that 4th star rating. The hotel overlooks Portland Street and although the double glazing does a great job in blocking out the very noisy road and homeless people shouting at night .. my air con wasn’t working so I either had the window shut and boiled or the window open and not be able to sleep. The TV seemed to work sometimes and then not others and if you need an iron you have to go to a room on the third floor and try and use the crap iron in there. The one breakfast I paid for was actually lovely and given the chance to sort out the air con and other issues I mention this would easily get a four star review next time. It’s well located for conferences and is reasonably priced, the shower was great and the bed was comfy.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear James,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is important to ensure we are providing the best service possible. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your experiences during your stay. I am pleased however, that you liked our breakfast, location and very pleasant and engaging staff. Thank you also for your comments about our reception and bar. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back for future stays and thank you for your invaluable feedback.

Best Wishes,
Dorathy Onye
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Only stayed the one night but was a usual good night stay for a budget stay in Manchester. Greeting was friendly and efficient. Room given was a disabled room for some reason but was fine. No view as brick wall outside the window. Bed very comfortable and cosy. Bathroom was a wet room which pooled water terribly on the floor so you paddled in water all over the room. Hot water took ages to come through though.
Great location 10 minutes from Piccadilly station and loads of pubs and Chinatown local.
For a weekend great place for the money as staff very friendly and welcoming, not sure for much longer however....

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Manchester City Center. It is brilliant to hear that it was a good night stay, and bed was very comfortable, that mostly staff were really friendly and efficient. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we aim to continuously improve the quality of our services. Accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences the wet room and hot water had caused during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Manchester and thank you again for sharing your Ibis experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Es un hotel muy agradable, situado en el centro de Manchester muy cerca de los puntos de interes a los que puedes llegar caminando sin problemas. El personal fue muy agradable, en especial Miriam y Miguel nos atendieron genial y nos ayudaron en todo. Hotel muy recomendable, muy buena relacion calidad-precio. El desayuno esta bastante bien, tienen poca variedad pero esta bueno. Sin duda me volveria a alojar en este hotel. / It’s a very nice hotel, located in Manchester city centre, very close to the points of interest, where you can go walking without problem. The staff was really kind, especifically Miriam and Miguel, they treated us so well and helped us a lot. Breakfast isn’t bad, it doesn’t have too much variety but it tastes good. Without doubt I will stay again here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Ibis Manchester City Center. My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we are glad to have been a part of your visit. I am also happy that you found our staff really kind and helpful and breakfast was good. Thank you again for your nice comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in your next break in Manchester.