1,894 results
All reviewsgarden barmanchester conference centrecompact roomcanal streetconference facilitiesironing boardpalace theatregay villagepiccadilly stationshort stayfull englishreception staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againstayed for one nighttea and coffeecooked breakfast
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised with the hotel.

My normal hotel was fully booked due to a football match, so took a punt on the Pendulum.

Clean and fresh reception area, the two receptionists were efficient and had me checked in within 2 mins.

My single room although smaller than I am used to getting was fine.

They have a bar downstairs which has the most delicious sausage sandwiches and a couple of IPA’s on tap.

To be honest, I cannot fault the hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Pendulumhotel, Deputy General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Many thanks for your recent positive review Joseph S, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you tried our hotel and enjoyed your experience with us. I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit our Garden Bar and sample our food and drinks offering. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I spent 1 night in the hotel.

Room: A very nice room which was modern and had a comfortable bed. It seemed strange not to have a head board though.

Cleanliness: Good

Staff: The staff were friendly

Location: Good location for the city, railway station and university

Breakfast: The hotel had a very nice breakfast, with lots of choices

Overall: Good hotel at good price. I will very likely return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Pendulumhotel, Deputy General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Many thanks for your recent positive review MathTraveller42, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our team to be friendly. I hope to see you again at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

A good all round hotel. Close to the centre (15 mins walk); parking opposite (£2 all day at weekends and £10 per day weekdays); good breakfast selection and plenty of staff on hand.
Check-in and check-out were efficient.
The room was well-equipped and roomy. Although hanging space was a bit limited.
I would return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Pendulumhotel, Deputy General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Many thanks for your recent review IIliketogo, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and it is great to hear that you felt that our team here looked after you. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We went to the Pendulum Hotel Garden Bar for a drink with friends and we were impressed with one member of the staff who was very friendly and welcoming. Her name was Karolina and she made delicious cocktails. The hotel was pleasant and clean.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your recent review Andy Lesley S, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to visit our Garden Bar and that Karolina looked after you, I will pass on your kind comments to her. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future and are able to enjoy some more cocktails during your next stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

bad:
small rooms
crowded room -no space
small toilet
no parking

good:
windows open
quiet
comfortable bed
friendly staff
very central especially if you are visiting the university of manchester
£10 24h parking nearby parking
good value

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Many thanks for your recent review Antoine a, we value all feedback that we receive and are constantly looking at ways to improve our products and facilities in order to enhance our guests' experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be value for money and our team here looked after you. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.