We took advantage of the mix it deal from Malmaison which was room, 2 cocktails and 3 course dinner for 2 for £129 which is amazing value.
The Staff were very nice and we decided to upgrade to a superior room. The room was a little tired looking but acceptable, comfortable bed but the issue was the following morning when the cold tap in the shower didn't work so we couldn't use the shower ! When we complained on check out the receptionist didn't charge for the upgrade because of the problem but still we would have preferred a working shower.
The bar was great extremely busy pre dinner but was grossly understaffed and it was very difficult to get served, there were only 2 staff trying to serve both the customers and also the drinks for the restaurant, Crazy.
The food in the brasserie was exceptional but service a little slow again due to understaffing .
Despite everything we cant complain too much because the deal we got was fantastic.
Its a real shame to see this group of hotels fall below the early standards they set themselves there are obviously financial issues and lack of needed investment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel