“Staff are fabulous! Wedding and overnight stay ”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #67 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here at the weekend for a wedding. I arrived early to help the bride and unfortunately our room hadn’t been booked to include my child so had to wait for them to sort us out a pull out bed. However once sorted we managed to check in a bit early which was great as it meant I could unpack my car and get sorted in the room before heading off to church.
The reception desk staff were really helpful and first impressions of the hotel were fab, very quaint and traditional with a modern twist.
We were given room 39 which felt like it was through 100 doors miles away but it was just the design of the corridors. The room was spacious and clean and the four poster bed was a lovely surprise. The room had a pull out sofa which was made into a bed for my son, a big TV, good size bathroom and lots of storage space. There were electric heaters which were welcomed as it was very cold.

We had a drinks reception and then a buffet in the main venue hall.

The staff were all amazing. They were so friendly always saying hi and making sure we had everything we needed. The kids were a bit chaotic but they just took it in their stride to make sure everyone had a great evening.

The bar prices were reasonable for a wedding venue £15 for a bottle of wine. £4.35 for a pint of Stella.

The bed was too hard for me in the room but it served its purpose. The shower was warm and powerful. The radiator could of done with a clean but for what we paid I’m not picking faults.

The breakfast the next day was a buffet. The options were very limited if you wanted something warm, especially if you wanted vegetarian. There wasn’t much topped up while we were there but I think that’s probably because we were 30 mins before breakfast finished. Still it would of been nice to have some fresh fruit. All in all it’s probably what I would expect for a breakfast from a 3 star hotel.

Again the staff were great at breakfast and checking out. I left thinking I would visit there again if I needed to.

The only thing letting the hotel down was the crazy road works outside! It’s so confusing getting there. The sat nav takes you down a road which is closed and the entrance is on a corner which we completely missed as we were just trying to figure out which way to go around the cones.

All in all lovely hotel! Staff are a credit to the hotel and I hope they see this review! They deserve a pay rise for going above and beyond on Saturday night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Sally W, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear SD2305

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed attending a wedding reception at Etrop, that you found your room spacious and comfortable and thank you for mentioning our friendly and hardworking staff. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Sally

Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my daughter went for afternoon tea via a groupon deal, we were seated in the conservatory which is very nice, we both had peppermint tea, finger sandwiches were egg mayo, ham tomato and mustard and tuna all very nice and 3 of each. The second plate was two little but very tasty tarts, lemon drizzle cake and macaroons again all very nice. Last plate two warmed scones with jam and clotted cream. Very pleased with the service and food, would definitely recommend

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Katie M

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit for afternoon tea and thank you for sharing your experience and recommending Etrop Grange. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Room absolutely lovely. Clean and comfortable. Reception staff especially Peter who is the politest man who went out of his way to drive me back to the airport on a mercy mission. Thoroughly recommend the fish and chips , I have never seen a piece of fish so big and tasty. Absolutely stay here again. Don't hesitate, book a stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 3 and 5 are lovely and totally disabled accessible
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Sally W, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Clare L

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning our friendly staff and the quality of the food served in the restaurant. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I was a bit dubious about staying here after reading some of the reviews on here.
How wrong was I my room no was no 71 and it was lovely very clean and very comfortable. Staff were perfect and the restaurants food was excellent. And to top it all when we had checked out and and were in the airport I realised I had left my mobile phone in the room. I telephoned the reception and they found my phone and delivered it to the airport to me. A wonderful nights stay and will Defo use this lovely hotel again. Thank you to all the staff they were all very friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear NottsForestfan

Thank you for the lovely review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your pre-flight stay and thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that you had a pleasant flight and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Hotel is friendly, cozy and with a great location near the airport and well connected to visit the city or Manchester surroundings.
Lack a fitness center which could have made the stay much more better.

Staff is very attentive and quick to resolve or help with any request or needs.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sally W, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear 39gerardor

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning the quality service provided by our hard working staff. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.