1,697 results
All reviews manchester airport close to the airport four poster next morning an early flight flying from manchester shuttle service free shuttle car parking overnight stay stayed here for one night terminal proximity motorway
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

The appearance of the hotel from the outside seemed ok, however upon going through the doors to entrance, we soon realised the whole place is in serious need of a makeover, for a one night stop before flying off on holiday it was ok but it was nowhere near as clean as we’d hoped. The restaurant is in serious need of a revamp, we had our meal in what can only be described as a run down conference room, it felt cold and unwelcoming, the food did the job of filling us up. For a one night stay it does the job. A side not whilst members of staff have disagreements it’d be wise to not have them quite so loud in the kitchen so all can hear

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sally W, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear amychap87

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay and please accept my sincere apology for the overheated conversation you heard, I hope that this did not spoil the enjoyment of your meal.

I note the comments regarding your room and the public areas and can confirm that refurbishment works are being carried out.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future so that you can see the changes that have been made and experience a more positive stay.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Stayed for a night before heading off on holiday. Very close to the airport and a great price.

Service really good, we had dinner at the hotel but not breakfast since we were leaving early.

They also operate a courtesy service to the airport, wish we'd known that on the way there since we got a taxis from the train station. If we had phoned they would've come for us.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sally W, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear m4xwl

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you fly from Manchester again.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

So close to the airport.
Lovely staff!
Lovely room!
Perfect in every way.
Receptionist ran out to our car to carry our luggage, a credit to your hotel!
Not a chain, very individual, but has every modern convenience.
A gem, Thankyou.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Cleveleys

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last week with another couple for one night.
Shown to rooms 30 and 33 which were 'tatty'.
Complained at reception.
Offered another room further along the corridor, exactly the same as the others!
Bar area dark and gloomy with picture hooks with no pictures,
no atmosphere at all.
We have stayed at this hotel in the past, and it was excellent.
What has happened in the last 2 years???

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear brian g

We always enjoy welcoming guests back to the hotel so I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay. I note your comments regarding the décor in your room and the bar area, I can confirm that refurbishment works are being carried out in the rooms and public areas of the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future so you can see the changes that have been made and experience a more positive stay.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We have just come back from having afternoon tea at the Etrop Grange, there were four of us, thank god!!. We arrived at reception, shown to an empty room and shown to our table. The room lacked any atmosphere and was very cold. We were offered tea or coffee but no other options of drinks. Without any time, the tea and coffee did arrive long with afternoon tea. However no explanation was given for the type of sandwiches or cakes presented. The crockery was chipped, no tea spoons on most of the saucers, paper napkins on 2 places, none on the others. The food lacked freshness, scones felt like days old. For majority of the time we were ignored, and the manager actually served us extra tea and coffee and told us they were short staffed. We had purchased a voucher from Groupon and so it only cost us £32.00, instead of £74.00, had we paid full price, I would have asked for my money back. It was dreadful and not recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jill649

Dear jill649

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent visit for afternoon tea, we receive many complimentary reviews regarding the quality of the food and service provided but this was obviously not your personal experience. Please accept my sincere apology for our failure to make your visit relaxing and enjoyable.