1,825 results
All reviews two double beds city centre car park sitting area harvey nichols bit dated rooms are large excellent location men arena club room bars and restaurants full english reception staff breakfast was excellent hotel bar saturday night stayed for one night
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I spent one night in this hotel for work and although the staff are excellent and the location perfect the hotel could do so much more.

Firstly, my company booked the hotel and paid £139 per night bed and breakfast. Whilst this is no small amount it isn't unreasonable for a hotel in the centre of any major city. However, what I do think is unreasonable is to then expect guests to pay £10 for wifi which would allow browsing and emails and £14.50 for wifi which would allow downloads. This is ridiculous at best, exploitative at worst and may make me push to be booked elsewhere next time I am in town, purely as a matter of principle.

Also, whilst the room was nice and big, the bathroom was dated and could do with a freshen up. And finally, both my colleague and I agreed over breakfast that both our rooms (one on the 3rd and one on the 12th floor) were unreasonably warm, with the in room control doing nothing to offer respite from the heat through the night, resulting in us both being baked by morning.

Bottom line, this hotel has a great deal going for it, but could, and should do better.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
RhiManagement, Manager at Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Paul M

Thank you for taking the time to review the Manchester Renaissance Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you found our team to be excellent as service is something we pride ourselves on.

I appreciate your feedback about the Wi-Fi, bathrooms and heating. I will be sure to feed this back to our management team to review. please accept my apologies that these did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve upon the experience we deliver.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Adam

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Stayed for 2 nights last week and found the location for shops and restaurants in central Manchester, to be perfect. We had a club room I think it was called, on the 12th floor which was roomy and well served with a coffee machine and kettle for tea etc. The room and the bathroom particularly showing a little sign of wear and tear but nothing serious. Breakfast was always served and was very tasty. When we checked out the guys at the desk very kindly arranged a taxi to the airport for us which saved us more than a tenner on the ride in from the airport. We also left our laptop charger behind which they kindly posted to a UK address for us foc. Great service and will stay again when in Manchester.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
RhiManagement, Executive Assistant at Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear AlanH1960,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel through TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Stayed here with my partner on Saturday night. The hotel is right in the centre of Manchester, easy walking distance to restaurants/bars and the shops. We had a room on the 13th floor that had fantastic views of the city. The room was spacious and clean. The staff on the desk answered all our questions and pointed us in the direction of the restaurant we had booked for the evening. We will be back in the next few weeks. All in all a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The top floor has great views of the city.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Andy G,

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Martina the Events Supervisor who worked hard to ensure that our event was successful. The hotel is old and is in need of some modernisation, for example the lifts were slow and not always working, resulting in long waits at peak times. The air conditioning / heating was inconsistent, and £18 per day for car parking seems pretty excessive. The room was spacious, clean and well suited for my needs.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
RhiManagement, Executive Assistant at Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Steve B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, and taking the time to review your experience.

I am disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not to your expectation and I have passed on your detailed feedback to our Management team.

Thank you again for choosing the Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel and especially for your very kind words about Martina.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel, usually stay at other hotels in Manchester. This was our first visit to the Renaissance Hotel and was not dissapointed.

We were able to check in early, parking is under the hotel and totally secure.

Room was on the 12th floor, double deluxe room - wow amazingly clean, tea coffee and separate further coffee machine, dressing gowns, large comfy bed, very spacious room.

Attention to detail throughout the hotel. Decor perfect.

Staff at reception, bar and restaurant helpful and very friendly.

Very good location on Deansgate, near to all amenities and shopping area, restaurants, coffee shops.

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will make this our regular hotel again when visiting Manchester.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple