All reviews continental breakfast quirky hotel piccadilly gardens boiled eggs portland street hand towels cold meats rooms are small ironing board yogurt would stay again piccadilly station budget hotel city centre water pressure key card tram stop
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my second stay at this hotel. It is in excellent location. Rooms are clean and comfortable if a little small. Breakfast good quality but no cooked breakfast option but there are places nearby that do cooked breakfasts. Staff very friendly and helpful. You are paying for location and I would stay again .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank PamMccolm M
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Booked for my birthday through booking.com, the pics looked really good and included breakfast, on arrival was greeted by the receptionist who was very polite and accommodating as she changed our room to a front view, the room was very clean, and smelt clean aswell, lovely deco, bed was comfy, shower was amazing, all in all it was really good room, now this is where it went downhill, on going to breakfast the next morning we was shocked it was only continental, as on booking.com it states breakfast included, doesn’t specify continental, plenty on offer, just a let down by no fresh fruit, and boiled eggs in a basket already cooked and left to eat cold? I prefer runny boiled eggs warm with toast, was off putting that the cheese and ham was just left on a board and not covered up? Ham was not the best taste, more like cheap ham, cheese was hard in corners where it had been left, when we spoke to the receptionist about the continental breakfast she said it’s included in the room rate, fair enough but should be more pacific on the booking.com website, as others state continental breakfasts or breakfast buffet, if we’d of known this we wouldn’t have booked this hotel, as we was Pacifically looking for somewhere to stay that offers cooked breakfast in the morning, that’s the only thing that let it down for me,

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Mahesh J, General Manager at ibis Styles Manchester Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Adie H,

Hope you are well, belated happy birthday to you.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Styles Manchester Portland Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product.

As a brand, ibis Styles offer a complimentary Continental breakfast for all our guests staying with us in the hotel. I am sorry you where expecting more than what was offered.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be a pleasant one.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Stayed for just one night.
Hotel appeared very clean and quirky.
Price for the night was a bargain and included continental breakfast.
Breakfast at other Ibis styles has been much better than what was on offer here, but still, there was plenty.
Bathroom and main room clean, staff very helpful.
Only one downside is that I was a little concerned over the gap under my door to my room as I'm sure it should be a fire door and shouldn't have a gap!

Other than that, the location is spot on and perfect for the city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the city street as it can be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sketirl,
Hope you are well.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We went to Manchester for the Foo Fighters gig and to catch up with friends and we stayed here having heard it was newly opened.
The hotel is quirky & with a unique decor, close to the tram stop and to the main part of the city centre.
Breakfast was adequate but nothing to go mad over.
Staff very friendly & helpful.
Would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Heather D,

We love to surprise our guests in Style with every opportunity we get. Glad to see you enjoyed every single touch point the team and the hotel delivered to you up on your recent stay.

Our location is second to none in Manchester and we are very famous and proud about our location, friendly team and our modern and funky product what we have got out there.

Great day to you and hope to see you soon for another surprising stay with us!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Just returned from our stay in Manchester ibis style. When booking I let the hotel know it was for my boyfriend's birthday and was pleasantly surprised when we got to our room staff had put birthday balloons out plus two complementary drink coupons at the bar which was extremely kind-many thanks to Isabel I believe. The room was lovely and the shower was great. We would recommend the Etihad stadium tour, Manchester Musium and football Musium.
Thanks for your great hospitality

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Wizzybb123,

Good to hear that you had an amazing stay! Thanks a million for your detailed review and very much delighted to read and share your comments to my team here at Ibis Styles Manchester Portland.

Glad to see our hotel and the product perfectly suited your needs up on your recent stay with us and hope to see you soon in Manchester.

Best Regards,