“Highly recommended ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Read the reviews on here and decided to try this place by chance on the way home. So glad we did. The food was excellent and the staff very attentive and courteous. The prices are really reasonable too. The popadoms came with a lovely big tray of the condiments, the chicken chat and lamb tikka starters were delicious and the curries were lovely. A lovely touch at the end as we had 2 children with us was that they got a shot of cherryade with our complimentary baileys. Will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I used to really enjoy the food here however over time I think the standards have slipped. I generally just tend to get a takeaway as I don't like the restaurant, I feel it is too small, and doesn't really have much atmosphere. I feel as though your eating in someone's kitchen rather than an Indian restaurant which ruins it.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

I would like to start by mentioning the atmosphere but I can't because it didn't have one. Saturday night and table was booked for 8:00pm when we arrived there were only three other tables occupied but this didn't put us off as a friend had recommended the restaurant to me. The starters were really nice but other than one of the mains the rest was terrible. The waiters didn't know what was in the dishes and a table close to us had ordered sea bass only to be told they didn't have any. Anyway back to our meals my wife ordered a medium curry which was red hot and although I like hot curries I couldn't eat it that was one wasted meal. Secondly my friend had ordered a mixed meat meal and the thing that looked like a "dog turd" tasted off so he sent it back and asked for it to be replaced by lamb chops. Well these chops came from a lamb who must have been about 40 years old. The expression mutton dressed up as lamb sprung to mind. Whilst we were there the restaurant emptied fairly quickly and by 9:00 pm there were only 6 people in there. I know why, It is because the food is expensive £90.00 including drinks for four is not cheap and is not great quality.
There were also empty tables that weren't cleared which is unbelievable given the place was empty.
We will not be returning and there are better place to eat in Swinton.
Someone has said its a hidden gem follow my advice and leave it hidden the public shouldn't be fooled by the menu and the reviews.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

Came in on a Thursday evening after a 12 hour journey, so it was quite late, maybe 9pm. Not too many in, but unfortunately a rather loud group of teenage/twenty's? girls. Not sure why Mark s or Paul b were so disappointed. The poppadoms we had very VERY good with plenty of "dips". Plenty of choices with all the usual dishes you would expect. Chicken Jalfrazi after Onion Behji starters for me and Chicken Korma after Prawn Puri starter for my partner. Both very good and plenty of it, so we actually took some away which they were happy to do for us. Staff were very friendly and polite.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

This is the worst place iv ever been. From the moment we stepped in to the end. The papadoms were soggy. Waiter said that's how they are. Could not speak a word of English. Asked for a glass of coke and half a larger. Came with a pint of each. Onion bhajis came under cooked and chicken packora batter was roar. Sent it back and waited a further 20 minutes for them. This time the chicken was roar. Bhajis were fine. Waited a further 20 minutes for main...asked for chicken Tikka massala came with onions and sultanas which wasn't stated on menu. There was customers needing services behind us which at the time the waiter who was sat resting on the bar top with a very angry looking face. We got charged for 2 round of drinks but had 1. The whole experience was appalling. This was recommended by our friends in Salford. Needs painting and decorating. Will not recommended to anyone.

1  Thank Paul B